facebook

sorority dues

by: a;ldjfkjad

What sorority has the smallest dues and what sororities have the most expensive dues this year. Because this is honestly a factor I need to take into account when I rush next year

Posted By: a;ldjfkjad
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Slow your roll   

You'll get a packet when you rush with that information because sororities cannot give specific numbers until next spring. Also as a new member dues are highest the very first semester you're in it so be aware.

By: Slow your roll
#2  by: Keep in Mind   

Dues for different sororities mean different things. Some girls pay dues and it covers every little thing (tshirts, formal tickets, money for big/little), others look cheaper but then a formal ticket costs $80 for you and your date, there are 3 required shirts you have to purchase, and you don't get any help paying for decorating your littles room. Definitely something to consider, my parents pay my dues so I enjoy that everything is all wrapped up in one so I don't have to pay any extra out of my own pocket or beg them for more money to afford my own formal. Don't be afraid to ask what these dues include, but try not to talk too many dirty details about money!

There are also some sororities I know that have scholarships for girls that may not be able to afford dues otherwise. I don't know all the details, but again... feel free to ask during recruitment if a chapter has programs like these.

By: Keep in Mind
#3  by: dues   

ours are a little over $1,000/semester and we're by far the cheapest on campus

By: dues
by: wutMar 31, 2014 10:07:39 PM

well that's just not true.

By: wut
by: nopeApr 1, 2014 10:07:12 AM

my chapter's dues are way cheaper than that so that's a lie.

By: nope
#4  by: Frat guy   

In fraternities our dues range from anywhere for $500 to $600, it's manageable

By: Frat guy
#5  by: payment   

lots of sororities (and i am sure fraternities) offer payment plans where you can pay a certain amount each month if you cannot afford a lump sum of $800-$1000 a semester. That way I am only paying around $200 a month for my sorority and that comes out of what I make at my job. i am lucky enough that my parents pay for the rest of my school stuff like books and stuff so all i have to worry about with my spending is sorority stuff. everyones situation is different, but it is important to realize this is a cost you will be paying throughout your 4 (or 5 sometimes) years of college so you want to make sure you can afford it before you get your heart set on your chapter then realize you cant pay every semester. but also remember membership is a lifetime priveledge!

By: payment

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.