facebook

informal rush for fall 2013?

by: junya

hiiii
i'm a junior at UD interested in rushing (yes i know, it's really old for rushing). i didn't know i wanted to be in a sorority freshman year and i was extremely busy spring semester of my soph year (spring 2013) with both classes and work. i really regret not rushing either year and i was wondering if it was too late for me to rush now. i'd rather rush in the fall than the spring so i have another semester with the sorority, but i don't know how the informal rush process for the fall works, or if one is even going on.

can you guys tell me if any of the sororities on campus are doing an informal rush this semester? and if any are, which ones are they? how do i go about the informal process? if the informal rush isn't worth it or not happening this year, would it be too late for me if i rushed in the spring?

help! :(

Posted By: junya
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Informalhelp   

I'm pretty sure DG is the only sorority doing informal this fall, contact their recruitment chair. Otherwise, wait until spring and you will have a lot more options. As a junior your chances are more limited but it's not hopeless.

By: Informalhelp
by: junyaOct 4, 2013 5:24:10 PM

yeah i kinda wanted more options than just DG.. i might just wait till spring and see if i wanna still go through rush haha thanks for the info though!

By: junya
#2  by: random   

I am alum from a sorority (ill leave nameless) and I rushed as a Junior and was offered a bid, definitely try! Good luck!

By: random
by: junyaOct 4, 2013 5:24:28 PM

were you only offered a single bid?

by: randomOct 22, 2013 1:48:23 PM

I did formal recruitment, so one bid.

By: random
#3  by: alum   

in formal recruitment, you can only be offered one bid

By: alum
by: junyaOct 10, 2013 8:53:36 PM

i don't think so.. some of my friends rushed their freshman year and some rushed their sophomore year and almost all of them were offered more than one bid. after getting their bids, they went with which sorority they liked best.

#4  by: Laura   

Just so you're aware, if you go through formal as a junior, your options may still be limited since sororities are looking for members that will contribute the most during their time in the chapter. Freshman and sophomores will have more time in their sorority than juniors or seniors which makes them more desirable. More selective sororities may drop you just based on this fact. Not guaranteed, just giving a head's up.

By: Laura
#5  by: Fact   

You can only be offered one bid during formal recruitment. During informal you may be offered more than one bid and then select however, since only 1 sorority is participating in informal you'll still only recieve 1 bid.

By: Fact
#6  by: Yo   

Sigma Kappa is doing informal recuitment which is weird.

By: Yo
by: bluehengreekOct 23, 2013 11:06:29 AM

SK isn't

By: bluehengreek

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.