facebook

how competitive is rush at ud?

by: SSP

Hi I am going to be a freshman at UD and I was just wondering how competitive rush is here. I have older friends who went through when they were freshmen and said it is super competitive and they didn't get bids (they ended up in the new sorority this year though). But other people say it is super easy to get a bid and we dont even need recommendation letters. Please clarify!

Posted By: SSP
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: H   

There are maybe 5 people that legitimately went through rush that didn't get a bid from anyone. What probably happened to them was they didn't get a bid from a group that they wanted (silly) so as long as you stick through recruitment and let the system just work through the mutal process you will end up in a great group of women. Just be yourself!

By: H
#2  by: GreekReview   

My advice for the freshman, male or female, is do not rush the first semester. You don't want your academics to suffer your first year. Study, study, study!!! Frat life isn't for everyone. No wonder why 10% of males and 14% of females are in Greek Life.

By: GreekReview
by: UD GreekAug 24, 2013 10:11:21 AM

I am not sure where you are getting your facts from, but actually the all-greek GPA is a full .1 higher than the all-unaffiliated GPA.
Also 17% of men at UD are in greek life and 25% of women are.
Here is a link to the official report on greek life than comes out every semester so maybe before you try to put down greek life you should be able to back up your facts.
www.udel.edu/greek/reports/cap_sp13.pdf

By: UD Greek
#3  by: No   

Don't let that idiot GDI fool you. Greeks have consistently in recent history held the highest GPA on campus compared to non greeks

By: No

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.