facebook

transfer from north looking to rush... help

by: north

I'm transferring in the fall and want to rush. Concern is about the southern belle vandy girl stereotype because being from the north that's really not me. How accurate is the stereotype/which sororities embody it most? Are sororities divided by regions? Which have the most southerners?northerners? Mix? also... Are any known to have worse hazing ive heard that top tiers tend to be worse... As a transfer trying to adjust and find a school where I'm happy I'm really not trying to encounter that

Posted By: north
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: vandyvandy   

The stereotypes hold true, but I've found that each pledge class is full of girls from all over the country. What I mean is, Kappa (the stereotypical 'northern' house) definitely has lots of girls that act 'northern' but are from the South, and vice versa can be said of Theta and Chi O (the 'southern' sororities). Tri-Delta is the top tier house that is the most mixed. There is absolutely no hazing for Vanderbilt sororities. None. I swear. I'm Greek and I wasn't hazed at all!!

By: vandyvandy
#2  by: regions   

kappa/ kd - northern
theta/chi o - southern
tri delt/pi phi - mixed

idk about the rest

By: regions

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.