facebook

transfer sorority rush

by: !

I'm going to be a transfer next fall and was wondering which sororities take transfer students. Also, as a transfer is it better to do the informal rush in the fall or just wait until spring? Thanks for the help!

Posted By: !
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: '12 transfer   

As a transfer, you have two options: upperclass recruitment or formal recruitment. There are pros and cons to each.

Upperclass recruitment in the fall is super laid back in comparison to formal recruitment. It also gives you the potential to meet a ton of new people and break the transfer bubble, which is very difficult. However, not all sororities participate in upperclass recruitment. In 2012, AOPi, Pi Phi, and Zeta participated in upperclass recruitment.

Formal recruitment is in the spring. PNMs attend all the houses the first day, which gives you more options to find which house it right for you. However, formal recruitment is more structured and intense.

As a transfer, I decided to do upperclass recruitment in the fall and found an amazing match. My advice is to go to the upperclass rush information session and attend the open houses in the fall. If you don't click with any of the houses that are participating, wait it out.

By: '12 transfer
#2  by: no   

wait till spring

By: no

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.