facebook

Dirty rushing ............

by: Omg!!!!!!!!!!

I found out that some of the chapter advisors (especially of the top 4) of houses assign active members to find reasons (made up) to cut girls because there are so many legacies. I also heard fraternities are just as bad. Greek life, nowadays, is toxic. It didn’t use to be.

Posted By: Omg!!!!!!!!!!
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Umm   

Just because someone is a legacy, does not guarantee them a spot anywhere! It’s up to each sorority, to decide if the PNMs is a good fit! Allowing each sorority to choose their membership is not dirty rushing!

By: Umm
by: AngelAug 6, 2020 11:19:39 AM

It is when the advisor directs a member to “make up” an event a PNM did just to have her cut. That’s an adult bully.

By: Angel
by: ?Aug 6, 2020 11:55:50 AM

I would not call that dirty rushing. Sad and immoral if that’s truly happening, but not dirty rushing.

By: ?
#2  by: Ha   

I’ve seen an active’s sister get cut because she wasn’t as “accomplished”!

By: Ha
#3  by: Yep   

Very immoral. I’ve witnessed it and if people knew what is done by adults behind the scenes to young ladies they’d have law suits brought out. I never knew how wide spread it is but it’s definitely the top 4. It’s a form of bullying and libel.

By: Yep
#4  by: Yes   

You will also see a pattern of bids given to the areas in Mississippi, where the advisors live. There could be 10-20 bids given out to girls from one city or county.

By: Yes
#5  by: DG   

I’m an alum so don’t hate on the girls for posting, but to clarify, anything negative to be said about a PNM must be done behind closed doors and only to the rush team. We weren’t allowed to give any reasons a girl shouldn’t be pledged when the whole chapter met to discuss all the girls. Those meetings were just for reasons we do want girls. I don’t know about other chapters but I think that’s the best way to handle potential negative statements because there’s no reason at all to bring up bad points in front of 200 other girls.

By: DG
#6  by: Lana   

I had an advisor ask me to pick up a legacy PNM at the door and rush her. Then she said, exactly, “give us a reason to cut this girl.” After it was over I told her there was no reason to cut the girl because she was so cool. She told me I
Had to find a reason. So, the girl was cut for doing nothing. From then on, I was over rush and all that it was and is. Very immoral and awful. I just now can talk about this. I truly believe this lady also influences the fraternities recruitment at State. She’s a slick operator.

By: Lana
#7  by: Wilma   

Bump bump bump

By: Wilma

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.