facebook

2017 sorority ranks

by: Official Ranks

There are only 8 sororities at state so rankings are subjective but there are 4 top chapters, and then 4 bottom chapters. Once more sororities get here, then pi phi will be the first to move up to top tier. And no, I am not pi phi but I am in a top chapter and we can all agree that out if the bottom chapters they are the best. Also I see adpi becoming like delta chi and staying at the bottom forever despite new sororities coming like what's happened with phi tau.

Chi o
Dg
Kd
Phi mu
Pi phi
Zeta
Tri delta
Adpi

Posted By: Official Ranks
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Girl   

Chi O
KD
Phi Mu
DG
Pi Phi / Tri Delt
ZTA
ADPi

By: Girl
by: NoApr 4, 2017 1:33:33 PM

Tri delt isn't on the same level as pi phi or even zeta anymore....

By: No
by: BulldogApr 4, 2017 1:51:54 PM

I like this ranking for the tops because DG has gotten irrelevant. And I agree tri delt is below zeta

By: Bulldog
by: ...Apr 4, 2017 8:49:46 PM

Chi O, KD, and DG are the top three. Better luck next time, Phi Mu!

By: ...
by: LolApr 5, 2017 7:57:43 PM

Post clearly written by a phi mu. Next...

By: Lol
by: BulldawgApr 5, 2017 8:13:45 PM

KD/chi o/DG
Mid
Pi phi / phi mu
Tri Delt
Zeta
Adpi

Not sure what phi mu has done for them to think they should move up? Didn't y'all get like 5th in GPA last semester? And what have y'all won in the last few years besides Kappa sig charity bowl?? Lowest involvement out of the top 3. Also no individuality. They also had to take the most girls this recruitment out of the "top" houses which we all know means this is due to low retention rates and can't keep their numbers up with the top 3. So no, in my opinion phi mu just continues to sink. Being a top tier sorority is more than just being pretty. That's why I tied you with Pi phi just like y'all tied in GPA!
My reason being KD first is KD has consistently placed in every major competition, they also tied with DG for 2nd in GPA, consistently getting some of the best girls. They are a good mix of social as well as serious when it comes to GPA and competitions. DG in the last 3 years they have placed fairly well in most major Greek events and have good GPA and maintain high campus involvement. Chi o and DG are the most involved on campus.

By: Bulldawg
by: agreedApr 5, 2017 10:59:31 PM

I agree. Not sure what qualifies phi mu as top tier so can someone explain? They had to take 90 girls for recruitment while the top houses were forced to take less than 80 which shows they have lower retention rates. Not to mention they tied for gpa with pi phi which people on here consider a bottom house. They lost their president due to grades last year as well. On top of that they havent won anything in years except for kappa sig charity bowl which phi mu is the only one who really cares about that anyways and they didn't even place in it last year. Houses like tri delt out does them in campus involvement. I think they are tied with pi phi and zeta honestly. If cute girls makes a house "top" then pi phi and zeta should be up there too. Also wanted to add I was on this page a few minutes ago and the rankings has like 25 ups and 50 down votes and i refreshed the page and it has 55 up votes? Ur not sneaky whoever you are....

By: agreed
by: Nothing has changed Apr 6, 2017 6:39:46 PM

so pretty much this just confirms this years rankings are
Chi o
KD
DG
Phi mu
Pi phi / tri Delt
Zeta
Adpi.

Pretty much the same ranks as it always been besides a few minor slips. Yawn. I used to debate DG being tied for second or above KD due to the fact KD was falling in years 14'-15' as well as 15'-16' but KD obviously has made a huge come back and DG has slipped a little in grades and members and I think DG is a solid 3rd. Phi mu had a super rough year last year not placing in anything, losing their president, being tied in GPA with Pi phi, and having the lowest members out of a upper house....but obviously they have worked there way back up. I think this makes them a solid 4th.

Spring 2016
1. Chi omega 3.62 (btw they do count new members)
Total membership -317
2. Delta gamma - 3.44
Totally membership - 282
3. Kappa delta - 3.44
Total membership - 274
4. Phi mu- 3.38
Total Members- 263
5. Pi phi - 3.38
Total members- 234
6. Tri delta - 3.29
Total members - 244
7. Zeta tau alpha - 3.16
Total members- 227
8. Alpha delta Pi - 3.16
Totall members- 136

Fall 2017
1. Chi omega- 3.6
Total members - 320
2. Kappa delta - 3.46
Total members - 287
3. Delta gamma - 3.39
Total members - 282
4. Phi mu - 3.36
Total members 282
5. Pi phi- 3.26
Total members -274
6. Tri delta - 3.36
Total members - 261
7. Zeta tau alpha - 3.00
Total members - 281
8. Alpha delta Pi. - 3.01
Total members- 174

Based on this pretty much the ranks are the same.

By: Nothing has changed
by: UghApr 6, 2017 8:42:37 PM

@Grades 15-16 school year

What are you talking about?? The post is Fall 2016 grades not 15/16. Chi O has a GPA listed for Actives AND New Members fir Fall 2016... they most definitely count the New Member GPA into their overall GPA. It's right in front of your eyes!

By: Ugh
#2  by: Culture    

ADPi is a top sorority at most SEC schools and nationally. Time will tell how they do at State. They have made a lot of positive progress in the last 3 years. If ADPi does not continue to do well, it will fare negatively on our Greek community-not ADPi. If they are top in Florida, Georgia , Auburn, Alabama and TN and do not do well in MS , that will raise red flags about our Greek community. Not an ADPi but want our Greek community to have a better reputation than what we have now. No one will come in under the current Greek culture. If you want us to grow, quit talking negatively about Pi Phi, ZTA, DDD and ADPi. We all need to support one another if we want to be respected in the SEC.

By: Culture
by: QwertyuiopApr 4, 2017 8:47:04 PM

Honestly idk where you're getting your information but ADPi is not top tier at ANY Tennessee school, for the record.

By: Qwertyuiop
by: NopeApr 4, 2017 10:04:26 PM

ADPi is no where close to the top at Bama!

By: Nope
by: OkApr 5, 2017 12:53:11 PM

@For the record

I agree with everything you said except the comments about Chi O and ZTA. They were the only two sororities on campus for 20 years then Phi Mu colonized. Chi O is strong because it was the first sorority at MSU. ZTA was equally as strong until the late 80's early 90's.

We need all 8 sororities to be as strong as possible and need to support each other not rip each other apart.

By: Ok
by: thank you!!!Apr 6, 2017 4:00:27 PM

@For the Record

Thank you!!! Someone finally said it. I am so sick and tired of people not respecting ADPi just because they are the newest. Everyone felt the same way about Pi Phi not long ago and look at them now

By: thank you!!!
#3  by: Ok   

Most accurate

By: Ok
#4  by: @qwert   

For the record, you don't have a clue about TN schools. ADPi and Chi O are the top sororities at UTK and UT Chatt. It is almost impossible to get into ADPi at UTK. Stay in your MS world, you know nothing about TN. ADPi is top at Auburn and above average at Alabama. Just because you don't agree doesn't mean you are correct. Return rates prove all.

By: @qwert
by: NopeApr 5, 2017 7:18:32 AM

ADPi is low mid at Bama.
I totally agree that the Greek community needs to rally around ADPi at MSU, but please don't start throwing out bull ratings. It doesn't help them at all here at MSU.

By: Nope
by: GoVolsApr 5, 2017 7:51:32 PM

Tennessee has 13 sororities. ADPi used to be a top tier sorority (top 4) in the 80's and 90's but they are firmly middle tier at UTK now. The reason it is hard to get into ADPi at UT is because all those 80's and 90's ADPis are now moms of college girls. In the 2016 rush there were 90+ ADPi legacies and a lot of those were chapter legacies. No, they are not required to take every legacy (good thing because the houses just take 60-65 PNMs). There is nothing wrong with ADPi at UTK. They are a solid chapter.
Chi O is another Middle Tier sorority at UTK.
The top 4 sororities at UTK are DDD, KD, DZ, & Phi Mu.

By: GoVols
by: ???Apr 6, 2017 2:57:57 PM

Chi o is not top tier at UT Chatt or UTK. ADPi is not top tier at UTK. ADPi has a much better reputation at UTK than MSU.

By: ???
by: @govolsApr 6, 2017 3:02:13 PM

Inaccurate information. You obviously don't go to UTK nor know anything about the greek organizations there. You took it straight off greek rank. ADPi and Chi O are the most wanted on campus per return rates. All sororities there except 2 are great but ADPi and Chi O are the ones that most PMN's want going in. MSU should strive to be a TN or University of Florida or University of Georgia

By: @govols
by: UTKSophApr 6, 2017 7:05:43 PM

For the record I do go to UTK and am in a sorority at UTK. I ran across this post because my sister is going to MSU next year and was interested in possibly going through recruitment there. Just thought I would set the record straight but think what you want. You can go on UTK Greekrank and look at the discussion thread yourself and you will not see Chi O or ADPi listed in the top 4 on any ranking. The MSU GR is way harsher than anything on UTK GR. You girls are downright scary mean.

By: UTKSoph
by: OKAYApr 7, 2017 4:02:55 PM

No I go to UTK. I am in a sorority at UTK. I don't have to rely on Greekrank to know what greek life is like at UT, I live it. I really don't know why I keep posting replies, I guess I am baffled at how utterly ridiculous you are. I referred to greekrank utk because there is not one post in the last 2 years that has either of those sororities ranked top tier. Neither one of those sororities is bashed on there. I am done arguing because I could care less how you think they are ranked. I really don't get why it matters to someone going to MSU. It doesn't make ADPi better than they are at MSU or Chi O less than what they are. Where are you getting the return rates? To my knowledge, they are not public record anywhere except in that sorority, so even if you know what the return rates for 1 sorority is how do you know they are better than another sorority's. Or do you have access to numbers the rest of the world doesn't. Every sorority at UT is very close in chapter numbers and how many PNMs they take each year.

By: OKAY
by: correct Apr 9, 2017 10:21:08 AM

Poster is correct about ADPi at UTK A friend of mines Mom was an ADPi and she was released at UTK. We were both happy where we ended up at UTK but don't go in thinking you will get ADPi , legacy or not. It all works out.

By: correct
#5  by: BullyBoy   

Chi O/KD
DG
Phi Mu
ZTA/PiPhi
DDD
ADPi

Seems like the general perception around campus, though not how I would personally rank them. Though Phi Mu has better involvement, I like both ZTA and Pi Phi better. Nicer girls and nicer to each other. Phi Mu used to be the hot sorority, but ZTA is just as pretty. And Pi Phi is getting their involvement and reputation up there too. I honestly don't know much about DDD. In my four years here, I haven't seen much change. Their house is really nice though. I think DG is just as good as Chi O and KD, but the perception is that they're not as supportive of the Greek community (true or not) and I think that hurts their rep. Depending how things go in the next few years, I think Phi Mu could move down a spot and either ZTA or PiPhi could move up a spot. Don't see much else changing for a while though.

By: BullyBoy
#6  by: Nothing has changed    

so pretty much this just confirms this years rankings are
Chi o
KD
DG
Phi mu
Pi phi / tri Delt
Zeta
Adpi.

Pretty much the same ranks as it always been besides a few minor slips. Yawn. I used to debate DG being tied for second or above KD due to the fact KD was falling in years 14'-15' as well as 15'-16' but KD obviously has made a huge come back and DG has slipped a little in grades and members and I think DG is a solid 3rd. Phi mu had a super rough year last year not placing in anything, losing their president, being tied in GPA with Pi phi, and having the lowest members out of a upper house....but obviously they have worked there way back up. I think this makes them a solid 4th.

Spring 2016
1. Chi omega 3.62 (btw they do count new members)
Total membership -317
2. Delta gamma - 3.44
Totally membership - 282
3. Kappa delta - 3.44
Total membership - 274
4. Phi mu- 3.38
Total Members- 263
5. Pi phi - 3.38
Total members- 234
6. Tri delta - 3.29
Total members - 244
7. Zeta tau alpha - 3.16
Total members- 227
8. Alpha delta Pi - 3.16
Totall members- 136

Fall 2017
1. Chi omega- 3.6
Total members - 320
2. Kappa delta - 3.46
Total members - 287
3. Delta gamma - 3.39
Total members - 282
4. Phi mu - 3.36
Total members 282
5. Pi phi- 3.26
Total members -274
6. Tri delta - 3.36
Total members - 261
7. Zeta tau alpha - 3.00
Total members - 281
8. Alpha delta Pi. - 3.01
Total members- 174

Based on this pretty much the ranks are the same.

By: Nothing has changed
by: 2016Apr 6, 2017 6:53:31 PM

I think you meant to post Fall 2016.

By: 2016
#7  by: Clay   

Bump

By: Clay
#8  by: Gonzo   

Always this way

Chi o
KD
Phi mu
DG

Phi mu
Tri delta

Zeta

ADPi

By: Gonzo
by: DddApr 9, 2017 8:08:30 AM

Ha nice try tri delt, take advantage of that house instead of living on this site

By: Ddd
by: EL OH ELApr 9, 2017 6:55:32 PM

you put phi mu twice? phi mu is clearly with tri delt though so you got that part right.

By: EL OH EL
#9  by: Virginia    

This is just mean! All sororities are good for the girls that are in them! It is their home!! Who is to say one is better than another!! If you don’t have something nice to say then you just don’t need to say it!

By: Virginia
by: 🙄Feb 11, 2020 4:00:17 PM

Momma must have dug deep for this one, original post is from 2017. You need a hobby...

By: 🙄
#10  by: A dude   

Ok I’m a dude at state and here are where the sororities stand as of like 2022, also I promise I’m unbiased I don’t have a favorite house or anything and I don’t have any dedication to any specific sorority

Chi Omega
Kappa Delta (shouldn’t be top)

Phi Mu
Delta Gamma

Tri Delta

Zeta

Pi Phi
ADPi

Zetas unfortunately lost its rep as a fun sorority, they have some nice girls and others are very problematic. tri delt has done a very good job the past few years building up a better rep. Pi phi has gone down but are still better than adpi- adpi had a really good rush this year size wise but I wouldn’t say they’re much better than before. Kappa Delta is probably the most toxic sorority on campus, if they’re not all at sigma chi they might possibly be at sae or pike. Chi omega rushs girls who are a good addition to their chapter, they’re very nice girls, kd doesn’t care about personality at all. Delta gamma and phi mu just kinda stay in the upper tier because they always bring in a good pc with well rounded girls. There is now AChi O which I didn’t rank because that would be unfair since they’re brand new but from what I can tell their girls are very nice, and it seems they have great leadership for being brand new. I think that all the chapters at Mississippi state are excellent compared to some other schools that are similar. There is definitely a noticeable difference between the top and the bottom but none of the sororities here are so bad that there aren’t at least a good group of girls in each. Additionally I don’t think that there is any stigma on campus against any of the sororities and there is excellent relations between all of them.

By: A dude
by: JPSJan 22, 2022 7:46:20 PM

This is it!

By: JPS
by: Seriously Jan 22, 2022 8:33:25 PM

No dude is going to post that. Here is what most people on campus believe.
Chi O/ DG
KD
Phi Mu
ADPi / Zeta/DDD
Pi Phi
Alpha Chi - only because they are new

By: Seriously
by: lmao Jan 23, 2022 2:30:10 AM

phi mu is NOT above Dg. DG is so strong all around. Phi mu at this day and age at state is SO uninvolved and irrelevant. I dropped what i was in but it’s really just a fact, and if a “dude” posted this it shows bc phi mu has looks and that’s it. if we ranked like that it would be completely different

By: lmao
by: lmao Jan 23, 2022 2:31:14 AM

following. Adpi is not on zeta and tri delt level and no one thinks they are.

by: lmao Jan 23, 2022 2:32:46 AM

no guy posted this but besides Phi Mu over DG the rest is accurate. descriptions very accurate

by: A dude Jan 24, 2022 12:16:47 PM

In response to this, I would say that phi mu could possibly be below dg now. I think they’re about the same but it’s very true that dg is way more involved and outgoing. Also I stand by my statement that tri delt is better than zeta, although even just last year they were probably about equal. I also stand by adpi being where it is for various reasons, the most obvious being they’re the newest sorority on campus other than a chi o. I also do think that in the near future the hype about kd is going to finally go away and dg will quickly take their spot on top

By: A dude

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.