facebook

fraternity to join

by: Transfer

I’m new to the whole rush thing but know I want to be in a fraternity. It’s one of the main reasons I’m transferring to GSU. I want to get to know some brothers and have some cool parties. Which frats rush spring and should I rush then or wait until fall when others rush? Which ones are recommended and what is the entire process for doing it? And any details about the different frats are appreciated. I’m new here. Thanks.

Posted By: Transfer
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Op   

Go either sigma chi, ATO, or Pi Kappa Phi. Kappa Sig and DTD just got suspended and all the other ones are lame. And yes they all do a spring rush.

By: Op
#2  by: Yo-yo    

Talk to people in as many fraternities as you can. Find people you like. Forgot about what people say about this one or that. Your fraternity brothers are there for life. Forgot about what other people think.

By: Yo-yo
#3  by: Frat rush   

DTD And Kappa sig are on suspension for god knows how long and sigma chi does do spring rush but depending how many guys they get they might pour the. Into fall classes that’s what they did this year they took the bids they gave for spring and told the guys it’s gonna be honored in the fall and they won’t do
Pledgeship in spring cause it’s a waste of a class

By: Frat rush
by: huhDec 9, 2018 8:07:10 PM

This comment makes no sense.

By: huh
by: CuriousDec 11, 2018 1:09:02 AM

Would you say sigma chi is considered the premium fraternity at GSU? How hard do you think it would be to get a bid from there?

By: Curious
#4  by: Actually in a fraternity   

I rushed spring last year. Most fraternities doors are open during spring rush but thag doesn't mean they will take a spring pledge class. If they dont get the number of guys that they want to join, they'll usually extend an early bid to pledge in the fall. Most of the off rows take a spring class unless the number is ridiculously low, which is a very solid option if you dont want to wait until the fall (remember you only have 3 semesters of being a brother if you pledge as a junior in the fall). As for how rush works, formal rush week starts the week of February 4th. The month before that is pre rush and thats when all the informal recruitment events take place (parties, small brother events, etc). This time is your opportunity to make connections with brothers and try and secure a snap bid before formal rush even starts.

Please for the love of God don't listen to people putting down other fraternities on this website. Keep an open mind for on and off row fraternities and find the guys you like the most and feel you fit with.

By: Actually in a fraternity
#5  by: Yeah   

Sigma chi is a great frat to rush if you like throwing girls out of windows

By: Yeah
by: WitnessDec 13, 2018 8:17:46 PM

As a witness to the situation and someone who was handling everything while it happened I can promise you she DID not fall
:)

By: Witness

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.