facebook

greek life at mtsu

by: rukidding

I'm a transfer and I don't understand how a school with so many students has such a lame ass Greek life! I never see anybody wearing letters or anything. You would think you guys are ashamed of your GLOs! I realize this isn't Bama, but you all really need to step it up and show some Greek pride. I wear my letters more than any girl here and this school doesn't even have my sorority. Come on, Greeks! Why are you hiding? Stand up and be recognized!

Posted By: rukidding
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: notBama   

I don't know where you're from, but apparently it has a hard core Greek scene that MTSU doesn't have. We are the biggest school in Tennessee, but a lot of that population comes from Memphis. Most of those folks aren't interested in NPC and IFC orgs, if you catch my drift. My mom was ADPi here in the eighties and she said that Greek Life was hopping back then. I wish we were more like that, but we can't get enough girls to rush anymore to increase our NPC chapters and we keep losing and getting fraternities every semester. IDK, but if you come up with a plan, share it with the rest of us.

By: notBama
by: WowMar 11, 2019 9:30:33 PM

Greek life would also increase rush flow if there weren’t snooty girls in certain chapters who act like they have some importance like a top tier SEC school. Many girls don’t rush because of the amount of bad attitudes and trivial rivalries that a struggling Greek life cannot afford. I have so many friends who think this. They aren’t all “those people” (if you catch my drift back.. your comment disgusts me on many levels) Goodbye.

By: Wow
by: gifMar 13, 2019 12:56:06 AM

The only thing I agree with in notBama's comment is that NPC recruitment numbers are down from what they used to be. That is the reason that we have so few sorority chapters for a school our size. If more girls would go through recruitment, we'd have more sororities because there would be a demand for them. As it is, young women aren't rushing to "rush," so we've got six and six is where we will stay until Greek Life becomes attractive again.

By: gif
#2  by: Dude   

OP sounds prejudiced to say the leaaast

By: Dude
by: noMar 19, 2019 12:18:24 AM

I don't think OP sounds prejudiced. It's the person after her.

By: no
#3  by: Deet   

MTSU has too many liberals. There. I fixed your post for you.

By: Deet
by: Hmmm Mar 30, 2019 6:57:16 PM

I’m a strong conservative and I also thought notBama’s post was extremely poorly worded. To say the least. You don’t have to be liberal to notice wording that insinuates racial stereotyping that can go along with wanting or not wanting to be in Panhellenic sororities / fraternities. You do not even have to be a politically inclined individual to think that “those folks” aren’t interested from Memphis “if you catch my drift” sounds racially insensitive. So don’t act like I, for example, am liberal because I took the response that way. Because I’m a Republican

By: Hmmm
by: Deet Mar 31, 2019 8:41:59 PM

I was referring to OP's post as to why Greek life is not more active on this campus. This campus is a liberal one and everyone thinks you have to be a Conservative to be in a sorority or fraternity. They are more into indie music and feminism than Greek life.

By: Deet
by: LOLApr 1, 2019 9:47:42 PM

Darn hipsters!

By: LOL

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.