facebook

I’m wanting these houses…

by: Cindy

I will be counting on getting into Theta, Chi Omega, PiPhi and maybe TriDelt. Are there other houses worth considering?

Posted By: Cindy
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Tiger   

Don’t go into recruitment with this mindset, you are only asking to get hurt. Treat all chapters as worth considering, and you will greatly increase your chances of having a positive recruitment experience and meaningful membership in a sorority. You can’t possibly know at this point where you belong, and you are not better than any of the houses you did not list here.

By: Tiger
#2  by: Cindy   

I have superior grades, many leadership roles, involved in several philanthropic organizations, play the piano and was on the homecoming court. I was on our dance team and people tell me I’m quite beautiful. I don’t see why I should settle for less than a top house.

By: Cindy
by: wellMay 2, 2022 1:30:54 PM

do you have any good friends/strong connections in any of these houses? that matters more than anyone wants to admit

By: well
by: PHA loveMay 2, 2022 6:21:20 PM

this is NOT the attitude to approach recruitment with. there are incredible girls who are involved, have stellar grades and are drop dead gorgeous in every house. go into it looking for your friends, not for your ego.

By: PHA love
by: TigerMay 3, 2022 2:55:06 PM

Sounds like hundreds of other women going through recruitment

By: Tiger
by: Calling u outMay 4, 2022 6:35:44 PM

How would it be "settling for less" when
1. You don't even know all the chapters you did or didn't list
2. No chapter is "less" than the next chapter..
3. You have such a nasty attitude towards over half of the chapters at this institution.... I don't even think you deserve to be part of ANY of these fantastic chapters. If anything you're less because of your superiority complex. Come back to this thread once you have been dropped from recruitment.
4. Now we all know your name/nickname and the general gist of what you've done... so now girls will probably take note of this and know exactly who you are after this, congratulations.

By: Calling u out
by: a gal in greek lifeMay 8, 2022 2:01:57 PM

there’s no such thing as a top house go ion with what you want from a chapter and go from there!

By: a gal in greek life
by: ActuallyMay 13, 2022 4:48:34 PM

You sound about average, hon. Unless you are an AP Scholar, 33+ ACT, president of your class, state champion athlete, compete in dance at the national level and play piano with your local symphony, you are just another PNM. As for beautiful? You could say that about 90% of the recruits. Get over yourself.

By: Actually
by: Matter of TimeMay 20, 2022 11:45:21 PM

With those mediocre qualifications, you will be gone by the second round.

By: Matter of Time
by: hahaSep 17, 2022 7:37:57 PM

sorry to disappoint you but it’s mostly connection based! just be thankful your rushing at mizzou and not a more strict traditional SEC school

By: haha
#3  by: Cindy   

In response to calling u out. Do you honestly think I’d use my real name? Or give you REAL hints? I’m a juxtaposition of those things - I’m not going to give myself away. And I WILL get into one of those houses. I just wanted to know if there was a house I didn’t mention that was worth paying attention to.

by: wtfMay 6, 2022 9:54:46 PM

cindy ur weird asl for posting all this... that’s why no house is gonna want u lmao

By: wtf
by: So FunnyMay 20, 2022 11:47:43 PM

How can you be that smart when you don't even know what "juxtaposition" means? You will never make it into a top house. Time to adjust your expectations.

By: So Funny
by: IckJun 9, 2022 7:50:28 AM

Girl you are absolutely insufferable and sound like a terrible person. Saying a prayer that you don’t get in anywhere for the sake of keeping rats like you out or Greek life. You don’t deserve to be in. This is so embarrassing I hope you get found out

By: Ick
by: Pls stopJun 20, 2022 4:44:43 PM

This is a troll post.

By: Pls stop
#4  by: a gal in greek life   

consider all of them!! all the chapters are so cool and fun

By: a gal in greek life
#5  by: hey there cindy   

The sororities do the choosing. You can 'consider' whichever ones you want, but it's up to them to invite you back or not. And you had better believe that every single active can smell attitude in the first twenty seconds they talk to a pnm.

By: hey there cindy
#6  by: Yikes   

Hey girlie, I’m glad some chapters have sparked your interest! However, setting your heart on chapters you haven’t even gone through open house round of recruitment with can be a bit self-destructive. There are some chapters that are standouts due to reputation and their social media, so most girls get an interest too. All of the houses you named were ones too many girls I knew going to Mizzou from high school and who I met from my summer welcome wanted too. When I went through recruitment I actually preferenced all of those to return to the next round and I was cut by theta and chi o, and those two spots for philanthropy round were filled by other chapters. After that I had a big wake up call. I figured I just needed to focus on going where I felt comfortable and welcome and where I felt a connection was mutual, not just the preconceived images I had in my head, because at that point it was obvious there was no way to tell for sure what the outcomes of the week would be. The house I truly fell in love with wasn’t on my radar before recruitment, and when sisterhood round came the conversation I had with a girl (who picked me as her bid day buddy and we’re big and little now too <3) made me realize that chapter was the right place for me and they stole my whole heart. Come preference round I decided to preference my current sorority over one of the chapters you initially mentioned. Now I have an empowering circle of girls who I could not do Mizzou without.

Another thing if you set you’re too picky before recruitment and you don’t get any of the houses you thought you’d want to be in back on philanthropy round, there’s a tendency for girls to drop out of recruitment in disappointment. Then comes bid day and those same girls end up crying in their rooms or going home literally the first weekend before classes start and they realized they wanted to be in a sisterhood and they lost out on the chance too from many other chapters they could have potentially fit into and loved.

I definitely think if you don’t go into recruitment with a relaxed mindset, and things don’t go your way it could lead to a rocky first semester and overall experience. While it is fun and I’m glad to be here. Don’t take this recruitment and Greek life too seriously because it’s only a portion of what’s going to give you an overall great Mizzou experience.

By: Yikes
by: Get RealMay 20, 2022 11:50:32 PM

Save your breath. If even one member of a sorority knows this PNM and her inflated ego from high school, she will be bounced out of recruitment in the first round.

By: Get Real
#7  by: Cindy   

Nope. I’m going to come on here the day after bid day. I promise you I will be in a top house.

by: YukYukMay 23, 2022 10:11:28 AM

No need to wait until after bid day. These houses will bounce you after the first round and you probably will be just another recruitment drop out.

By: YukYuk
#8  by: Anna   

My cousin is a gorgeous, smart, well rounded involved in everything girl. She went in thinking she was going to be in one of the top houses. She got asked back to almost every house after open house but then her awkwardness and weirdness and superiority complex kicked in and she ended up in a super bottom house. No amount of smart or beautiful could cover up her personality. Take note Cindy.

By: Anna
#9  by: Greeeeeek   

Being in a sorority means being apart of the Panhellenic Community. Girls in greek life have friends in almost every house - not just their own. Your best bet is to give every sorority a shot because they all have positive aspects and opportunities to offer. Although its good to know which houses you feel like you fit in best with (once speaking with them), you need to remember that you'll likely have friends in several houses and recruitment isn't a seamless process.

By: Greeeeeek
#10  by: stop cindy   

Bumping to remind everyone to watch tf out for this girl during recruitment! May be tough to spot bc tons of girls go in with over-inflated egos but the insane behavior/opinion of self will definitely pop out
-girl in one the srats you want <3

By: stop cindy

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.