facebook

end of year fraternity ranks

by: Fratrank

Since the semester is over now, I was wondering who everyone considers top, middle, and low tiers. IMO top tiers are: delt, Fiji, ato, pike and maybe delt sig? Interested to see peoples opinions.

Posted By: Fratrank
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Chick    

ATO Delt fiji Beta
Upper mid
Pike AEPi Delt Sig
Lower mid
Phi delt Theta Chi DU

By: Chick
by: DropMar 21, 2020 9:49:03 PM

I literally never hear of beta doing anything, why are they always considered top tier?

By: Drop
by: BetaMar 22, 2020 1:59:38 PM

They are just about the only frat that is selective. Most of the others will take who they can get to fill the house. Plus Beta has that beautiful house and members are required to keep it neat instead of looking like a pigsty the way most other fraternity houses look.

By: Beta
by: WellMar 22, 2020 6:46:56 PM

Beta doesn’t do anything particularly special. But if you haven’t realized high status comes with wealth. Everyone in Beta comes from well off to flat out rich families. Their alum are also very wealthy and successful so that why they have a great house a huge annex and another building. Like someone touched on before too, they are extremely selective. Beta gets in contact with incoming freshman about joining well before the school starts, and they’re all kids who have been recommended from Beta alums. If a beta alum hasn’t recommended you, you’re not getting considered for membership.

By: Well
by: DudeMar 28, 2020 8:45:52 PM

I feel like the middle tier in general has the majority of the houses in it. In reality, only 3 top tier houses and around 3-4 bottom tier houses....such as ones with less than 40 members. The rest are fairly similar.

By: Dude
by: Not reallyMar 29, 2020 12:22:15 PM

I'm a Beta and I am not wealthy. Just plain-old middle class, like many of my brothers. We do have a fantastic national, however, that holds us accountable. Because I'm not wealthy, I'm not a legacy and I'm from out of state and knew no one in the house previously, I wondered why they took me. While no one explained my case specifically, now that I've been a member for awhile I have figured out you have to have something that would prove to be an asset for the chapter. In my case it was probably my 35 ACT. But, whatever, as I said the chapter has high standards and holds us accountable and I, for one, hope it stays that way.

By: Not really
by: HmmMar 29, 2020 6:06:09 PM

@beta dude my guess is you’re probably comfortably upper middle class, coming from a household income of $150K+ and could afford paying for college without loans or scholarships (even tho with a high ACT like that you prob did get a scholarship). The point I’m trying to make is I know you guys don’t recruit people who could have difficulties with their financial obligations to your frat.

By: Hmm
by: Not ReallyMar 30, 2020 3:53:29 PM

Nope, Hmmm. My dad heads a non-profit and doesn't earn anywhere near that. My mom has a chronic illness and doesn't work. My dad paid for college for two older sibs and I am on my own, for the most part. Full ride to Mizzou, which is why I go here. I have always had great summer jobs since age 15 and have saved, saved, saved. My mom was Greek and hoped I could join a fraternity. I'm doing this for her, and it's the best decision I could have made. Just glad I'm in a house that's here to stay.

By: Not Really
by: HmmMar 31, 2020 4:17:01 AM

@beta dude: forgive me for making assumptions then. Not a lot of people pay for their own dues, so I have a great deal of respect for the people work just to make being a part of their chapter possible. Happy you made it possible for yourself and that you’re enjoying your time in your fraternity.

By: Hmm
by: Not reallyMar 31, 2020 11:52:39 AM

Thanks, Bro.

By: Not really
by: confusedMay 14, 2020 5:31:19 AM

unpopular opinion not many Fijis are that cute and they're all kinda short. they're fun and all but I think top house ranks like this make their heads a little too big for their 5-foot-something bodies. sorry.

also you're missing so many chapters from IFC so this can't really even be a ranking at all.

By: confused
#2  by: laughing   

I'm laughing reading the post by 'Well' because it sounds word for word like my cousin who is a Pike at Florida State. I've been to FSU and the two campus cultures are VERY different. Most fraternities there don't sign pledges in the summer. Last summer (I'm so tired of hearing about this), Pike signed 40 before school started. Their mantra is the baseball captain, the football captain and the student body president should be assumed to be Pikes, and if they're not then the chapter has fallen behind. Incredible egos. I like Mizzou. Much more relaxed and no beach.

By: laughing

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.