facebook

defying stereotypes - or not

by: Wondering

Someone mentioned on a previous post that PiPhi (and ChiO to a certain extent) defy stereotypes. They have a unique mix of members that works for them. But other houses haven't been able to overcome their stereotypes. Like GPhi being pretty but rough around the edges or Theta being overly serious about studying (when there are other houses whose grades are just as good). So what are those stereotypes and how do they impact a house?

Posted By: Wondering
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Narrow Focus   

TriDelt has the stereotype of taking only St. Louis girls from a limited number of high schools. Once I realized that's true, I chose not to go back. That's probably why it's a very cliquey house and people drop when they don't feel welcome.

By: Narrow Focus
by: MIZJan 22, 2020 3:19:18 AM

Tri delt is one of the few that aren’t giving spring bids including kappa and pi phi. This just means that these three sororities have great retention rates

By: MIZ
by: @MIZJan 22, 2020 10:06:17 AM

Kappa is doing informal this semester tho

By: @MIZ
#2  by: Not true   

DG has had the reputation for having an inflated opinion of itself and just not being very friendly. I knew that, but it was my best choice on the last day and I'm glad I am a DG. The girls in my pledge class are working hard to combat that stereotype and I think we are making progress.

By: Not true
#3  by: Proud to be an AXO   

Going into recruitment I always heard AXO is the "artsy" house, and that's true. Lots of independent thinkers. I like it and there's no reason we need to overcome that stereotype.

By: Proud to be an AXO
#4  by: Pi Phi Lite   

I think ADPi is a lot like PiPhi. Very confidant girls who are secure in who they are. High standards, high grades, diverse. I know many women who had these two houses on the last day.

By: Pi Phi Lite
by: AlsoJan 23, 2020 9:29:54 PM

They both have a lot of out-of-state girls. To me that means they aren't just recruiting friends and friend of friends. Both houses seem very warm and welcoming.

By: Also

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.