facebook

high school things following you to college

by: Sigh

I thought joining a sorority in college would be an absolute new and refreshing experience and would give me better times than high school and it has for the most part. However, I got into the same sorority as an older girl who picked on me on high school and I feel like her old tendencies are coming back... i’m coincidentally close friends with her g-little and sometimes she come to the house for lunch during times my friends and I are there for lunch and she just keeps on making subtle jabs at me and casually referencing times in high school in light of the fact those were instances of her picking on me and it’s starting to get annoying. Anyone else have older girls on their house who they knew previously that won’t leave them alone?

Posted By: Sigh
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: MizGreek   

Call her out on it. Tell her HS is over and if she insists on living in the past, she can go talk to someone that cares about HS...or something along those lines. It will shut her down, permanently.

By: MizGreek
by: SighNov 15, 2019 4:55:58 PM

You’re right I need to stick up for myself or it’s just going to get worse

By: Sigh
#2  by: Well   

You picked the wrong house, Hun. Of all of the sororities at Mizzou, why would choose one that was sure to be an extension high school?

By: Well
by: SighNov 15, 2019 4:54:56 PM

I love my house and it’s definitely the right fit for me. I’m from a Chicago suburb where maybe 8 people from my graduating class came to mizzou. I was honestly shocked to see her on my house’s lawn on bid day because I haven’t kept up with her life since she graduated 2 years ago.

by: VisitorNov 26, 2019 3:27:06 PM

The House picked her, no one gets to pick their own House.

By: Visitor
by: Speak for yourselfNov 28, 2019 12:32:11 AM

Every time you rank a house and determine which houses you want to return to you are helping to decide where you wind up. Right down to the last day, when you pref one house above another or even suicide, you are helping to determine your destiny. It is a mutual process. Yes, you don't have any control over who asks you back, but if you get asked back everywhere, the way so many of us did, you are definitely making your own choices and influencing the mutual decision.

By: Speak for yourself
#3  by: Rawer   

Fight her. Then fight her entire family tree.

By: Rawer
by: SighNov 20, 2019 1:49:02 AM

As great as punching her square in the jaw would feel, she’s not worth getting sent to standards or earning the reputation as the violent freshman. Besides I have a date planned for our holiday social already, and i’m not trying to lose out on a fun night hanging out with a guy i’m Interested in and all my lovely sisters. I have better ways than getting back at her than violence... her brother who lives at home still DM’s me occasionally trying to get me to go back home to chill with him and I’ve never been about it, but ya know maybe i’ll just get with him over break while I know she’s home lol. But at the same time I can’t tell if that would just add fuel to the fire rather than douse it?

by: SadNov 20, 2019 12:39:43 PM

You have a lot of growing up to do. It's not all about boys, Sweetie. At some point you have to act like an adult and have a mature conversation with her. From your reply, you probably are getting what you deserve.

By: Sad
by: UhNov 27, 2019 1:40:06 AM

Only on Greek rank will you find people who will sympathize with bullies. Clearly OP was joking about getting with the mean girl’s brother. That was all in response to someone telling her to fight a whole pledge family. Did you really expect her response to be serious? I’m not saying it wasn’t petty because it was (sorry girl, going to keep it real with you), but telling someone they deserve to be bullied is really messed up. So what she’s excited to go to her date party with a boy she likes and wouldn’t want to get in trouble and lose out on a chance to go to something she’s excited for over something dumb like fighting. At least she can process potential consequences of her actions. I think you all need to grow tf up.

By: Uh
#4  by: Well   

From the sound of her OP and her replies, this woman sounds like she is still in high school. Time to grow up.

By: Well

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.