facebook

aphi nationals recruits purely on how pnms look

by: friendinheaven

Alpha phi everywhere (not just at mizzou) recruits girls based on how they look and only by their advisors/alum. Seriously. Look up alpha phi Michigan or friendinheaven on instagram, it’s despicable but I don’t even think most (or many) alpha phis know this happens. Actives have practically no say in what girls come back during each round of recruitment, just the chapter advisors who score girls on looks and go from there. Every chapter has great girls, but think of how many PNMs have been cut just because alpha phi nationals thinks they aren’t attractive enough. Shame on you, alpha phi headquarters. Everyone everywhere, Greeks especially, need to know about this horrible internal process that makes actives have no say in their own recruitment.

YES, this was just posted under alpha phi’s rank, but this needs to be known. I can’t say if alpha phi actives know about this, but I can say that what they think about PNMs means virtually nothing unless they’re ranked high on a 1-10 scale of how attractive they are.

Posted By: friendinheaven
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: wait   

is this true?

By: wait
by: Ridiculous Jan 24, 2020 12:29:56 PM

It’s absolutely true and they pay an outside social media company to monitor Greek Rank and push Alpha Phi every place there is a chapter. My best friend is a XO at Boulder, and says they do same thing. Look at any Greek Rank.

By: Ridiculous
#2  by: Really? Enough!   

I am sick of Alpha Phis coming on this site trying to prove how pretty they are. The reality is that they aren't any better looking than other sororities, but they sure are stupider.

By: Really? Enough!
by: I agreeNov 12, 2019 2:05:43 PM

Just because you say something over and over doesn't make it true. And what a sad thing if looks are your only claim to fame? Try instituting some grade cuts and we might be impressed.

By: I agree
#3  by: Visitor   

Why is somebody so concerned about APhi? Not chosen? Jealous?
It makes no sense because there's no such thing as bad press and this constant press just keeps enforcing APhi's popularity nationwide.

By: Visitor
by: HahahaJan 28, 2020 11:17:26 AM

Not chosen by Alpha Phi? Give me a break. They have no standards and make few cuts during recruitment. In the past several years they have really had to scramble just to make quota. And they lose so many girls they are always COBing.

By: Hahaha
#4  by: Please   

Alpha Phi has one of the worst nationals among all sororities. If it were better, they would have improved that dump of a house at Mizzou a long time ago. their alumni network sux, too. As for being pretty on every campus, give me a break. Have you ever seen the APhis at Purdue, Indiana, Wisconsin, Ohio State. I can hear them barking all the way over here.

By: Please
by: AhhhJan 28, 2020 9:19:30 AM

How do you know all this? Researching?
People are obsessed with APhi! LOL

By: Ahhh
by: MizGreekFeb 27, 2020 3:27:52 PM

Nationals has nothing to do with any housing decisions. It is all on the local Housing corp. That is true with every Fraternity and Sorority.

By: MizGreek
by: What??????Feb 27, 2020 4:04:44 PM

You can't build a new house without the approval of Nationals. Yes, local housing corp determines whether a parking lot is repaved, new furniture is purchased or new appliances are bought. But the decision to build or significantly remodel is made at the National level.

By: What??????
by: MizGreekFeb 28, 2020 9:26:51 AM

You have obviously never built a new house. I have and I can tell you from first hand experience Nationals are nothing more than cheerleaders. All fundraising and by extension the construction of a new facility(including as you say parking lot and furniture falls on the local housing corp). Since Nationals are not participating in the fundraising, they really have no say in how the fundraising is spent. I think you would be surprised at how little money the National organizations actually have. The funds that they do have are tied up in foundations or have earmarks that specifically don't allow for housing. Trust me, I looked into this as a way to fund a chapter house. Now, if the chapter is experiencing other issues, such as violations of National policies, that is a different story. But... I don't think that's the case here.

by: Let it goFeb 28, 2020 2:13:54 PM

I don't know why Mizgreek comes on this site all the time arguing preposterous things. Who has that kind of time? The reality is that I doubt she is even in a sorority. Everyone knows that nationals have a big voice in what can be built and, furthermore, they guarantee the loan because a sorority, by definition, is only transient housing for women who come and go after graduation and/or dropping. If it weren't for nationals nothing would be built because nationals are the only permanent entity. They also hold the deeds to the houses. I mean, really? What a way to broadcast your ignorance, Mizgreek.

By: Let it go
by: MizGreekMar 2, 2020 9:16:04 AM

You don't know what you are talking about. Call your Nationals and ask what kind of assistance is available for facilities. There is none. Btw, its only preposterous because what you think you are so sure of is untrue. I think if you actually researched my comments, you would see I am correct. I am really not interested in arguing the point, just getting everyone back on track so that they understand where the decisions are made.

by: MineMar 2, 2020 11:48:03 PM

In my sorority, the decision about whether land is acquired and a new house is built is made by our national.

By: Mine
by: RecentAlumMar 3, 2020 9:07:53 AM

So as a recent grad and former treasurer of my Sorority, I was curious to the answer to this little debate. I was responsible for writing checks to both our local House Corp for rent and to National. I called National and inquired into housing assistance, funds available for renovations, building etc and after several transfers I was referred to my local Housing Corp. and that they did not provide funding for that. I then called someone that I knew from our Alumni Board and she confirmed the Housing Corp was the proper contact for that, so...MizGreek is right, at least as far as my chapter goes.

By: RecentAlum
by: ThanksMar 3, 2020 10:18:31 AM

Nice job commenting on your original post and supporting what you already said, MizGreek, but I don't think you can speak for every sorority. We get immense support from our national and that's where the big money comes from. Perhaps that's because our alums pay national alumni dues and are extremely supportive of our national. So maybe you should stop telling people they are wrong when the reality is that you don't know how every sorority operates.

By: Thanks
by: RecentAlumMar 3, 2020 1:58:55 PM

Thanks,

I really don't need for you to believe me or not. I am just very interested in improving my chapter and this was of interest to me which is why I looked into it. Sorry if my facts don't agree with your opinion.

By: RecentAlum
by: Or...Mar 3, 2020 2:33:36 PM

Sorry if your opinion doesn't agree with the facts.

By: Or...
#5  by: it's true   

yeah this is true; I go to a different school and have a lot of friends in sororities all around the country, and aphi has the same reputation/recruitment standards everywhere except for a few schools where they're newer/not well established. They rank their actives on look too, and match low ranking actives with low ranking pnms (they stalk social before rush) and then they just drop all of those PNMs, even if the actives who talk to them like them.

By: it's true
#6  by: Lol ew   

Literally how do you think your OWN sorority used to recruit before some overweight feminist came in and enforced "regulations" against this type of thing? Drop the holier than thou attitude, such is life.

By: Lol ew
by: ???Apr 16, 2020 11:04:37 AM

My sorority has ALWAYS had grade standards. Our national insists on it. And your "overweight feminist" comment? Shame on you.

By: ???
#7  by: zou   

I heard during recruitment if u go in the dining room then that means you'll get a bid. they do pick girls purely off looks and who knows who.

By: zou
#8  by: mizzougrad   

Can confirm this happens in a lot of sororities at Mizzou. Nationals has way more involvement in most sororities than most active members know. Some sororities don't even get to submit their own bid lists at the end of the night before nationals reviews and makes final decisions.

By: mizzougrad
#9  by: Well then    

Aphi National = Superficial Fascists

By: Well then

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.