facebook

cob and spring trends

by: Athenaaa!!

looking at past sorority scorecards the trends show that more and more houses seem to be doing informal in the spring?

is it becoming more of a normal thing for chapters to cob or were the past two years out of the ordinary? thoughtsss

what sororities have lost girls already this semester or are loosing girls at semester?????

Posted By: Athenaaa!!
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: And   

Everyone knows enrollment tanked after the 2015-2016 school year, but since then Mizzou’s enrollment has increased a significant amount. In 2015 freshman enrollment was 6191, in 2017 it was 4134, but 2019 it currently is 5460. Even all of the residence hall on campus are being used again. What you said is correct however, the girls signing up for recruitment is at a very low point. But it’s considering how MU is finally getting more students back I find that odd. I hate to say it but sorority here is losing its appeal. And the same can definitely be said for fraternities as well too. In 2016 if you would have asked if Chi O, Kappa, or Theta would take spring COBs they would have laughed at you because it’s something they’ve never needed to do, but they all did this past spring (as well as every other chapter which never has happened before). And I think that’s a pretty big indication something is off

By: And
#2  by: Me   

I went through formal and had two good choices and made the mistake of suiciding and ended up with nothing. That is on me. Knowing that I passed on some great houses during formal do I have a realistic shot for spring or even next fall? Or has my decision pretty much cost me my shot? I know it was my fault, so not blaming the system or any houses.

By: Me
#3  by: I’m sorry :/   

Girl i’m not trying to throw shade at you, but I think your situation can definitely be used as a learning experience for high school seniors and current freshman considering going through formal recruitment next school year. Single option preferencing can be so enticing to do I get it. You experience a chapter you have absolutely fallen in love with since open house that invites you back each round all the way up to preference round. At that point you think ‘oh my gosh I just know XYZ is the sorority for me for sure, why bother putting another chapter even if it is good on my pref card I don’t wanna ruin my chances to be where I want the most. Then the next morning comes with some really unfortunate, heartbreaking news on bid day you haven’t been extended a bid. Ladies as much as you want a specific chapter, if there’s another chapter that you could see yourself being content in, don’t discount it after preference round even if there is another chapter you want significantly more. Making it to preference day means a chapter can definitely see you as a potential sister, but they literally have to narrow everyone down to a first bid list (girls they undoubtedly would like to bid) and second bid list (ranked list of girls to move up to first bid list starting from #1 as need throughout the bid matching process after a girl on the first bid list has been matched with another chapter). Some girls get lucky and are on the first list from the jump and some are even luckier and move their way up to that list and get a bid, but unfortunately it’s very possible you stay on the second list. That’s why it’s important to have a second option. While these chapters have liked you enough to make it that far, they may have comparably liked other people more. As far as COB goes though, I believe that if a chapter invited you to pref round and you have know some girls in there already you may have a good shot of getting a bid but no promises. Have met girls who that has happened to, but have also met girls who got bids in the spring from a house that cut them in an early round during formal recruitment, so it’s a toss up

By: I’m sorry :/
by: MeOct 8, 2019 9:43:29 PM

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Again, I know it is my own fault. I am from out of state but have met some people from some great houses in the dorms that have encouraged me to try COB in spring. We will see what happens. I can always try again in fall. I have definitely learned some things.

By: Me
by: Oh, pleaseOct 9, 2019 12:11:41 PM

Thanks Capt. Obvious, but there's not a girl who suicides who doesn't know what the implications are. You must have a lot of time on your hands. Why don't you spend it in a worthwhile endeavor instead of wasting yours, and everyone's, time on this site.

By: Oh, please

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.