facebook

tips for anxiety during rush?

by: Nervous

All the women in my family went through rush, and all of my friends signed up at the schools they’re going to, and they all convinced me to sign up even though i’m I was really nervous and hesistant. I think it could be a good thing for me to be in a sorority, but rush in general seems super scary and i’m Really anxious about it and just want to be able to follow through and make it through the week. I just wanted to see if anyone had tips for making through that week for someone who struggles with high levels of anxiety in their day to day lives.

Posted By: Nervous
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: NoBigDeal   

Just put on a smile and do your best. In life, that's all anyone can expect. If it's meant to be, it will happen. People get stressed about it when it takes on grandiose proportions. But if you chill and realize there are MANY ways to do college (and Greek life is just one of them), you can be yourself and enjoy the process. This is a good place to start getting a handle on your anxiety, too. Because there are many more important things in life than what sorority you join. Stop caring so much, stop overthinking and just enjoy the process. New school year, new you. I know that sounds glib, but I went through high school thinking every test and every social event and every interaction was the end of the world. I would worry ahead of time and analyze it all afterward. I was a mess and I didn't want to live that way any more. So I decided to put forth my best effort and give myself a break. I went to Mizzou, which is 500 miles away from home, and reinvented myself. It started with rush and that all worked out just fine. So I applied my new attitude more widely and I am a much happier person, and just as successful as when I worried all.the.time. So best of luck to you. If recruitment works out, fine. If it doesn't, that's fine too. At least you tried your best and learned something along the way.

By: NoBigDeal
#2  by: besttip   

xanax is good for anxiety

By: besttip
by: NervousJul 5, 2019 8:17:17 PM

Have that prescribed for active panic attacks, and taking them when i’m not having one would make me barred out and ridiculously sluggish for no reason. I probably need to hold up conversations and show my personality during rush right? Can’t do that if i’m a zombie, but thanks for the effort!!

By: Nervous
#3  by: Actually   

It's choosing a sorority, not a cancer diagnosis or a death of a parent or a tornado destroying your house or kids locked up in cages. Put it in perspective and enjoy the moment. Nothing to be anxious about.

By: Actually

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.