facebook

winding down

by: Tis Me

As the year comes to a close we have seen some, but not a lot of significant change in the sorority rankings. Here is my take, based on selectivity, desirability, alumni support, attractiveness of residence, retention etc
Top tier: PiPhi, Chi O, DDD, Theta
Mid Tier: Kappa, GPhi, DG, ADPi, AXO, Zeta, KD
Bottom tier: Alpha Phi, SK, Sigma, PhiMu
Did I miss any?

Posted By: Tis Me
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Not quite   

Pretty close, but I would move GPhi up a tier and maybe Kappa, too.

By: Not quite
by: nah Apr 23, 2019 3:51:42 PM

gphi is literally about to get kicked off, they aren't top tier

By: nah
#2  by: Senior Perspective   

REALLY?! This ranking is literally the same as it was at the beginning of the year.

When will people learn that these rankings should be based on more than just looks and what the childish frat boys consider "hot" sorority houses.

Many houses have made significant strides, and deserve much more appreciation and acknowledgement than your "pecking order" rankings.

I've loved my sorority and both my Greek and Non-Greek friends during my time here at Mizzou - but I WON'T miss this silly pettiness at all after I graduate!

By: Senior Perspective
by: Tis MeApr 18, 2019 2:21:06 PM

I did the original post and gave NO CONSIDERATION whatsoever to "looks and what childish frat boys consider 'hot' sorority houses." As I explained, my rankings were done based on "selectivity, desirability, alumni support, attractiveness of residence, retention etc." Nowhere does it say anything about looks or who's hot or not. It's all about the houses that PNMs wanted most during rush, as well as retention, the residence itself and alumni support. Now, Senior Perspective, what about that did you NOT understand? I thought I was pretty clear. And it pains me that someone is getting ready to graduate from this school and still can't read.

By: Tis Me
by: Tis MeApr 19, 2019 5:08:32 PM

The only message between the lines was, aim high and don't settle. Nothing petty about that.

By: Tis Me
by: @Tis MeApr 20, 2019 9:48:39 AM

90% of pnms want to be in a fun party house so if you don't take that into consideration under "desirability" you're just completely off track :)

By: @Tis Me
by: Not reallyApr 20, 2019 12:51:29 PM

90%? I totally disagree. In my experience the vast majority of PNMs want to be proud of their house, which is why such a huge number drop out of recruitment if they are cut by top houses. Anyone can party. It takes someone special to make it into a respected house. That's also why the top houses retain most of their members unlike the party houses.

By: Not really
by: The Real WorldApr 20, 2019 5:06:11 PM

I have to laugh at the girl who said sorority affiliation doesn't matter in the real world. My mother was in a top house on this campus decades ago that remains a top house. She is a CPA and was hired for her first internship on the recommendation of a former sister who was three years older and remembered her from "rush.' She now is a managing partner of an accounting firm and has hired dozens of women who were in her (actually, our) sorority. That's because she knows the standards were and remain high. Another member of her sorority is also a managing partner. And that's just one firm! So if you really think sorority affiliation doesn't matter, you must be in one of those houses where it doesn't. Sux to be you.

By: The Real World
by: DependsApr 22, 2019 2:19:51 PM

Sorority affiliation may or may not matter in the real world. My guess is that it often does if you are in the right house. What is more important to me is being able to wear my letters with pride without people talking about me behind my back. And making lifelong friends with people who also aim high. Criticize me all you want, but that's just how I feel.

By: Depends
by: @Not reallyApr 22, 2019 6:37:38 PM

There was a poll done on here actually, it asked why pnms want to join greek life and the party option won by a long shot.

By: @Not really
by: @The Real WorldApr 22, 2019 6:43:54 PM

what kind of piece of crap local accounting firm only has one managing partner LOL

By: @The Real World
by: RUThatStupid?Apr 22, 2019 11:45:04 PM

The post said "a" managing partner, not "the" managing partner. Are you REALLY that brain dead?

By: RUThatStupid?
by: .Apr 23, 2019 11:20:07 AM

@The Real World the flaw in your logic is that your mom wasn't hired because someone thought she was in a TOP house, it's because everyone in your example was from the SAME house. It's not like a hiring manager said "Ooooh, you were an XYZ and everyone knows they're top at Mizzou! You're hired!" You just gave an example of normal networking and not how rankings matter outside of college. It's no different than networking through what you would consider low tier, or the marching band, a church group, or any other campus organization.

By: .
by: ExceptApr 23, 2019 2:39:40 PM

Networking using sisters from a bottom tier house gets you the very best waitressing job at the bar. Networking using sisters from a top house paves the way to managing partner. Big diff.

By: Except
by: MizGreekApr 25, 2019 11:49:37 AM

Um...Most firms have only one "Managing Partner" and several partners.

By: MizGreek
by: @RUTHATSTUPIDApr 27, 2019 9:28:38 AM

LMAO exactly my point, the whole point of a managing partner is that there is only one of them you tool. The managing partner is THE (one) top partner in the firm ... highly entertaining response though, I appreciate it 👏🏽

By: @RUTHATSTUPID
by: LOLApr 27, 2019 9:31:18 AM

I could tell you the same story about how a sister in my hot party house got her job in investment banking through a fraternity connection, that frat is known for hanging out with us because we're fun and hot.

By: LOL
by: Hmmm...Apr 28, 2019 4:58:42 PM

If you are talking public accounting then, yes, just one managing partner. In a private firm, however, the structure is anything the owner wants it to be and often there are managing partners for each division: estate, tax, client relations, etc. So stop parading your ignorance around.

By: Hmmm...
by: thank youMay 9, 2019 7:39:02 PM

I repeat, what kind of crappy local firm....

By: thank you
#3  by: Close   

I just think it has been awhile since DDD was solidly top tier. They are sort of hit or miss these days and don't seem to adhere to the same standards they did when I was a freshman. But otherwise I think this list is accurate.

By: Close
by: ^true butMay 13, 2019 2:28:07 PM

DDD has defiantly changed their standards. They've always been the "hot girls" on campus, but now they're the smart, involved "hot girls", at least the ones I've met so far. Defiantly top tier with one of the lowest dropping rates so far that I've heard of.

By: ^true but
by: Really?May 13, 2019 8:48:01 PM

Well, we know at least one "hot, smart girl" who doesn't know the difference between "defiantly" and "definitely." Get your sht together, TriDelt. Please?

By: Really?
#4  by: @The Real World   

what kind of piece of crap local accounting firm has more than one managing partner LOL

By: @The Real World
by: RUThatStupid?Apr 22, 2019 11:46:34 PM

What kind of college student doesn't know the difference between "a" and "the"???????????

By: RUThatStupid?
by: ^May 11, 2019 8:53:16 AM

wtf are you even talking about??

By: ^
#5  by: Senior Perspecitve   

This conversation is laughable. Keep deluding yourselves that you are better/will have better prospects because you were in a "top house", or that this sorority superiority attitude makes an iota of difference.

I have begun interviewing for jobs for after I graduate and NO ONE has asked or made a comment about which house I was in at Mizzou.

The DO ask about leadership and academic items/opportunities I have taken advantage of/accomplished while at Mizzou.

Remember ladies - just because YOU care about this crap, doesn't mean future employers will.

By: Senior Perspecitve
by: Really?Apr 23, 2019 11:23:13 PM

Good luck getting those superior jobs, hun, because your insight is truly lacking. No one even implied that employers ask which sorority you were in. That would be laughable. All we are saying is that those women who aim high and refuse to settle have a brighter future than those who are on this campus to party and fyuk. Now, feel free to dazzle me with some sort of convoluted logic that says the standards of a house that will take anyone just to fill a pledge class are the same as a house that cuts 90% of the women who stop by during recruitment. And don't get me started on grade cuts, which are a foreign concept to the bottom feeders of sorority life.

By: Really?
by: I wonderMay 14, 2019 5:03:15 PM

I find myself wondering if someone who feels the need to correct one colloquialism (hun) for another (hon) might just be "one of those people who feels the need to keep others down in order to feel more important." I know I think someone who makes insignificant (and questionable) corrections surely must be really "kick-ass" herself. Loser.

By: I wonder
by: Yes!May 14, 2019 6:06:51 PM

Don't you love it when hypocrites like Senior Perspective out themselves?

By: Yes!
by: I get itMay 16, 2019 3:36:06 PM

We all want to feel special, but the fact of the matter is that there are houses who are selective and there are houses that will take just about anyone in order to make quota. The real question is, "what do YOU get out of denying that some houses have higher standards than others?"

By: I get it
by: !May 18, 2019 12:09:20 AM

Well aren't you special!^

By: !
by: WowMay 20, 2019 1:02:20 PM

Defensive much? I think Senior Perspective is reacting like a freshman. In high school. Grow up.

By: Wow
by: Doubt itMay 22, 2019 4:55:37 PM

She can't possibly be a senior. Seniors are never on this site. She's probably just a bored alum with nothing better to do.

By: Doubt it
#6  by: Staying on point   

Getting back to the task at hand, I think the original ranking is quite accurate, except I would move kappa up. I thought about moving GPhi up, too, except for its sisterhood issues.

By: Staying on point
#7  by: Ugh   

Kappa needs to be moved to top tier.

By: Ugh
#8  by: Here's my take   

As of the end of the semester:

Solidly top tier: PiPhi, Chi O, Theta
Slipped from top tier: GPhi, TriDelt
Knocking on top tier: Kappa, ADPi
Solidly bottom tier: Phi Mu, Alpha Phi, Sigma

Everyone else is in the middle tier.

By: Here's my take
by: TruMay 30, 2019 3:21:10 PM

This is pretty accurate. I think all we know for certain is that ChiO, PiPhi and Theta are the most selective houses and, therefore, top tier. Everything else is subjective.

By: Tru

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.