facebook

racism in some sororities?

by: Racism?

Hi. I read a news article when I was in high school a few years ago that Kappa Delta refuses to take minority women. Is that true?

Posted By: Racism?
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Roll Tide   

That's fake news

By: Roll Tide
by: Why?Mar 7, 2022 11:29:26 AM

Why are post from 2019 being pulled from the Driggs- if you have a concern at least make a current post and stop slandering sororities

By: Why?
#2  by: Kinda?   

Eh, maybe? Up until 2013-2014 there weren't a lot of minorities in many of the white sororities. This is partly because:
A. Some may not have interest in joining a white sorority over one of the historically black ones or one of the multicultural ones. Which you can't really fault the white sororities for.
B. The ones that were interested, weren't receiving bids which could be for a number of reasons, race potentially being one of em. So that KD story could be true. They might not flat out say it in those words but it's a possibility.

Gamma Phi Beta was actually one of, if not the the first white sorority at Bama to accept a black member back in 2003. But around 2013-2015 the University had taken steps to be more inclusive and there has been an increase in minorities joining traditionally white sororities since then.

By: Kinda?
by: YikesMar 11, 2019 5:30:08 PM

It's sad, GPB basically suffered for doing the right thing. I know someone will try to argue that GPB is bottom tier because of things like their sisterhood and what not. But you can't deny that they dealt with some backlash after they accepted that girl. And that impacted their overall standing in the grand scheme of things.

By: Yikes
#3  by: Reb   

They call them tokens

By: Reb
by: NoMar 11, 2019 4:48:47 PM

No they don't. But I bet your friends call you idiot.

By: No
by: OOSMar 12, 2019 1:32:50 AM

You are horrible! We all bleed red blood! Enter the 21st century!

By: OOS
by: WaitMar 12, 2019 6:22:11 PM

Reb is not saying they should be called tokens.

If you haven’t hear minority actives called tokens, then you’re either an idiot yourself or have your head in the sand.

By: Wait
by: no tokensMar 12, 2019 6:36:56 PM

Outsiders may use that term, but we don't bid 'token' anyone. We choose who we want for our sisters and welcome them with open arms. No one here gives a rat's ass about what outsider wannabes say.

By: no tokens
by: WhatJul 11, 2022 9:52:15 PM

I’m so confused

By: What
by: Read and learn Jul 11, 2022 10:36:08 PM

you should consider to go to school/ classes Aphi

By: Read and learn
#4  by: Lol   

Can we stop acting like gamma phi “did the right thing” by letting in a black pledge. YES letting in a black pledge IS the right thing to do but stop acting like they did it willingly. They made the girls in their house literally vote on it and they were bribed with an invite to the machine.

By: Lol
#5  by: Hmmm   

Bumping

By: Hmmm
by: ?Jul 11, 2022 9:59:59 PM

It's a 3 year post loser.

By: ?
#6  by: Darcy   

Wait what

By: Darcy

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.