facebook

sorority instagram

by: Pnm

Does it matter if the sorority Instagram doesn’t follow you? A lot of girls from sororities follow me but the sorority Instagram page doesn’t. It does folllow a lot of my friends that are also pnms

Posted By: Pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: me   

no, don’t stress!

By: me
#2  by: Nah   

It’s just some what random, I know pages that don’t even follow their own members

By: Nah
#3  by: g   

Nope. Chapters have somebody that is working their social media. Depending on the girl and what day it is, she may or may not follow back. What a house's insta page does and who it follows means very little. What matters if you are reading between the lines of stuff is comments, not likes, but comments. Then it matters who the comments are from. If you are getting comments from recruitment team or exec people, and especially from recruiting chairs, you are super strong and probably know it already. If you are not, likes are a dime a dozen (unless it is like oner 50 likes from sorority members, then it means maybe a little).

By: g
by: gFeb 20, 2019 4:49:07 PM

How do you know who is recruitment team, you may be wondering? There is no way to really tell, but if you troll instas you can figure out who are the "in" girls and those are usually the core of the recruitment team. Several houses do a lot of social media posting around Valentines, Christmas and other things and these posts often feature recruitment team girls. That is also a way to tell.

By: g
by: top tierFeb 22, 2019 2:39:40 AM

How do you know who is recruitment team, you may be wondering?

The ones that send you gift box's to your house, duh.

Wait you are getting gift boxes, right? No? No, you're not? Welcome to new row then!

By: top tier
#4  by: Info   

Certain (even top) chapters don’t follow people. I think that’s good personally. The whole thing is ridiculous. They try to make you feel like you are the talk of the House, then drop you like a potato.

By: Info
by: 77Feb 22, 2019 9:37:45 AM

"They try to make you feel like you are the talk of the House, then drop you like a potato."
ABSOLUTELY TRUE. ALL HOUSES.

PNMs you have to understand something. Recruitment here is very competitive. All the social media stuff has to be taken with a grain of salt. Everyone loves you until they love somebody else more. Keep that in mind. Many houses are pretty bad at this. They are all over you with the likes, the comments, and then they let you go after the second round or even earlier. They see all the social media bonding as a form of insurance. They want you to like them. They want you to have them as your favorite going in. They will appeal to your egos or you insecurities, whatever it takes. They then take the power back during recruitment. It is all just a part of the process, but does create hurt feelings and confusion when pnm's expectations don't work out.

By: 77

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.