facebook

Rushing as a transfer

by: .

I will be coming to Lehigh as an incoming sophomore transfer student and wondering how rushing a fraternity works as a transfer student. Am I able to rush in the fall or would I have to wait until spring? Also, would I be at a big disadvantage rushing as a sophomore instead of as a freshman?

Posted By: .
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Ben Shapiro    

Basically you can rush and accept a bid in the fall. Depends on the house you won’t have a large pc if you were to join in the fall but shouldn’t have any disadvantages unless you’re a goob

By: Ben Shapiro
#2  by: Leadership   

Fraternities as they exist now are facing a crisis. Only 11% of students come to our campus interested in joining a fraternity. This declining interest has coincided with the fact that members of fraternities are far more likely to drink in excess than the average student. Because our SigEp chapter has a substance-free policy, we recruit better candidates and have stronger manpower than other fraternities chapters that are regrettably still beholden to illegal and dangerous drinking. SigEp is modeling a new way and new future for other fraternities here to follow.

By: Leadership
#3  by: ghost   

You can't officially rush until Spring because you have to complete 12 credits at Lehigh before you rush which is why the overwhelming majority of people at Lehigh who rush do it in the second semester of their freshman year. However if you go out to parties early on this coming Fall, you can definitely find some houses that'd be willing to let you pledge unofficially (ghost) in the Fall and then you'd officially join in the Spring (assuming they like you enough to give you a bid).

By: ghost

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.