facebook

Part 2 (Sororities) and "Top Tier"

by: rickydagoat

Above all the info I am about to go hard on giving you ladies, I want to stress this first. Tiers don't matter nearly as much as you think they might. If you're only joining something that looks good from outside and has a good rep because that makes you feel secure, please reconsider your reasons for choosing a sorority. Tiers only matter in the exact moment that you're joining a sorority in the sense that the limit the sororities immediate capabilities. (A DZ and SNU social is unlikely, for instance). You can be the girl that changes that. You the individual can work hard to make any group stronger. If you feel at home somewhere else than "top-tier" I urge you 100% to consider your options whole-heartedly. You can do anything you want as an individual. If what sorority you joined is your excuse for having a bad time in college because it wasn't top tier you need to appreciate the genuine love and support your sisters have given you. That's on the real. If your sisters are doing things you don't like work with like-minded individuals and change your sorority. Get involved. Vote for a better exec board, speak out during chapter. You will have the tools you need to shape whatever organization you like to be a better fit for you. My funny reviews matter way less then what I'm about to dish out so open your eyes a little more sis. Without further delay, here's what I've got:

KD- Arguably the most "sorority-esque" sorority. While I have criticized them on some aspects, their reputation is beyond my comments. They are a well-respected name on UWG. There is a disconnect from many sisters from the inauthentic nature some claim they have experienced. I have watched quite a few of them drop or disaffiliate. If you know your hot and won't let day to day antics shake you, if you have wealth, etc, you can handle them. All the same, if there's any part of you that feels deeper or more unique than a generic starbucks order (and dude even I love starbucks), I suggest you think beyond them.

AZD- More diverse than they're given credit for. Another solid choice for a traditional sorority experience. I've also met a lot of their sisters that've dropped who absolutely hated it. I know plenty of other girls in other sororities who can't stand them. I personally don't really prefer them myself, but despite my take, I know that they do what they do well. They look good. Same advice as KD and general tidbits. I think KD is more generally likeable but I've actually met more unique and memorable people who have emerged form this sorority.

Phi Mu- My personal choice for the "top." I like the majority of sisters that I've met with about three exceptions. I don't like them very much at all. Other than that, a lot nicer people then the other two (although many say they are slipping these days, I don't fully agree although I get why.) They have a very powerful Alumni basis and I believe their headquarters isn't located too far off. All the same you may still feel somewhat alienated from the ability to change things from within here, but they'll make a good woman out of you.

(Part 3 upcoming)

Posted By: rickydagoat
Post Reply Report

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.