facebook

pnm research question

by: Just wondering

Which sororities do the most research on PNMs before rush begins? Besides checking out your social media, what else do sororities do to research PNMs?

Posted By: Just wondering
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: We don't   

There is no 'research' like you are imagining. If a pnm has something in common with an active member, like hometown, high school, friend of a friend, or whatever, then that is where we would know something about her. Recs can also reveal a connection once in a while. But there is no deep dive on the pnm's; there are too many of them for that. While we do identify pnm's before recruitment that we are very interested in, we don't and can't decide an entire new member class that way. We have recruitment week for a reason. Show up and bring your best in person.

By: We don't
#2  by: uga   

Im OOS and going to be a freshman in the fall. I only know 2 people at UGA so how can I stand out during the very short parties if nobody knows me?

By: uga
by: EasyJan 22, 2020 10:18:18 PM

Just be your best self, take every party seriously, don’t talk to other PNMs about decisions, keep an open mind, and stay off of Greek Rank. Trust the process and you’ll end up where you need to be.

By: Easy
by: LOL--UrscrewedJan 23, 2020 9:17:03 PM

If you don't know anyone in a sorority, or have connections, then you better be BEAUTIFUL AND DYNAMIC, or just settle on whatever sorority you get. A lot is decided by connections, so Good luck. You Can't Trust The Process. It sucks, but you will end up in some sorority if you want one. Just don't expect to be in a super popular sorority.

By: LOL--Urscrewed
#3  by: Or...   

Or go out and party with the sorority girls during the summer and if they like you they will pick you! True story!! Some may say it doesn’t work that way, but with some of the sororities it does unfortunately. Sometimes you can’t really trust the system.

By: Or...
#4  by: all about connections   

unfortunately, it is a lot about connections and there isn't much time to "research" people. being an oos girl and in a sorority, i know it is very easy to slip through the cracks. just know that it is usually not personal. sororities drop you based on if they think you will thrive in there or they can picture you somewhere else. i know everyone says this but truly trust the process. i ended up where i was meant to be, and i know you will too.

By: all about connections

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.