facebook

will delta zeta be coming back to campus?

by: newgirl

A family member of mine used to be a part of Delta Zeta here at Brock U! I noticed they aren't listed here so I am thinking they aren't active anymore. I'm going to be going to Brock next year and was hoping somebody would start it up again! I know there are 3 local sororities here that might not know anything about DZ or Panhellenic - wondering if maybe any of those sororities might consider changing their letters to become DZ? If DZ does come back I would be very willing to help where I can! I know the closest chapter right now is at Windsor. I also know sigma chi only just came back maybe they would be willing to help me?

Posted By: newgirl
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Doubt it   

I really don't see that happening. They've been gone for decades because of a hazing incident. The last thing we need is BUSU latching onto that as a reason not to support us. Definitely none of the sororities are going to take their letters... they already have organizations of their own. Maybe Omega Sigma Chi since they only have one chapter but they have been trying to expand for years so I wouldn't be shocked if they didn't either.

By: Doubt it
#2  by: .   

Omega sigma chi is the only local sorority. Alpha Pi Phi is international and Tau Sig has a few other chapters in Canada.

By: .
#3  by: lol no   

There is no way a panhel would agree to come to a school that outright won't recognize them. Windsor recognized greek life. All those pasts sororities and the hazing incidents are part of the reason why and BUSU/Brock wouldn't let them come back. If your looking to join a sorority you are best to join onto one of the 3 that are established, APP is the closest to panhel since it is international/ has the most chapters.

By: lol no
#4  by: Wdf   

Excuse me, but I don’t buy your story. Someone literally asked if DZ is expanding at McMaster on the same day you posted here. It looks like you’re a DZ trying to test the waters to see if any of us would switch letters.Thank you, next...

By: Wdf
#5  by: tea   

If you look at the discussion sections for other universities greekrank pages, (Windsor, McMaster, Western etc.) you can see that someone posted about delta zeta/pan hel on the exact same day at multiple school's. Not entirely sure what your motive is, but there is no way that any of the current sororities on campus would ever change their letters after the years of hard work they've put into them.

By: tea
#6  by: byeeeeeee   

Also even if this wasn't fake why would you want to form a sisterhood with women so easily persuaded to drop their letters for new ones? I don't know how much you know about sororities but letters are sacred and hard-earned, no true greek woman would just swap them for no real reason lol

By: byeeeeeee
by: THISApr 25, 2019 4:20:25 PM

For real though I've ALWAYS wondered about this, feels like it would be an absolute slap in the face to your chapter alum too.

By: THIS

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.