facebook

Frats and sorororites

by: yorkie

How do u even get into a fraternity or a sorority in York?

Posted By: yorkie
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: helpful   

Hi there! So York doesn't have formal rush but aat the beginning of each semester (usually the first two weeks) each frat and sorority will hold an informal rush. Rush is a series of fun events that you can go to where you can get to know the members and they can get to know you. After that, if the members feel you would be a good fit for their sorority/fraternity they will offer you a bid, which is an invitation to join their organization. If you accept it you will become a pledge which is a period of time before you are fully initiation into the frat/sorority where you get to experience a bit of greek life and learn about the org you joined. Sometimes booths are set up on campus but members often post in student groups on Facebook, as well as on their social medias about rush and how to join. You can also reach out to different frat/sorority Instagrams to ask any questions you have. And if you know any mememebers they're always happy to answer your questions.
Each frat and sorority is different but my experience with York greek life has been amazing. I wasn't sure about joining because of the stereotypes but it ended up being one the best choices I ever made. Good luck if you decide to rush! And if you have any other questions feel free to comment and ask

By: helpful

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.