facebook

Fraternity Hazing?

by: PNM

What is pledgeship like here? Obviously for top houses it will be tougher, but overall how is the hazing?

Posted By: PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Active   

I can assure you nowhere near as bad as other big colleges

By: Active
#2  by: Roger That   

Hazing is bad at most A&M frats (especially top frats). Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. It's backward and not safe- Hoping someone reasonable steps up and implements change for the better.

By: Roger That
by: WowOct 17, 2022 10:40:13 AM

How so is it bad? Also which ones are the worse and what for?

By: Wow
#3  by: BMP   

SigEp's award winning BMP App modernizes the membership experience.

After signing into the app, a brother lands on his very own personalized homepage. Here he monitors his progress on BMP challenges and development in live time, examine his percentage of completed activities, and reviews the number of days left in his current challenge. He is able to do all of this at a glance before moving on to another feature of the BMP app. His profile allows him to record and write reflective thoughts on his personal BMP experience. Here he reviews his past, present and future challenges, sees his challenge mentors and contacts them immediately to schedule the next challenge. Additionally he can access the in-app directory of chapter brother profiles so he can see how his brothers are progressing through their challenges, creating more opportunities for chapter competition, friendly rivalry and encouragement. On his activities page, he can conveniently access a list of challenge activities so that he can mark an activity as complete and then attach photos and documents as evidence. As as member updates his personalized challenge tracker, his challenge coordinator will be notified in real time. Coordinators and vice presidents of member development are able to access a list of all brothers in any given challenge to monitor their individual progress and percentage of completed activities and meetings. Brothers and officers can post to the newsfeed to inform each other about upcoming meetings, events and personal milestones. As you would expect with any social media feature, brothers are able to like and comment on other members’ posts, making the BMP more personal and interactive than ever before. Whether it’s managing personal challenge information, calling or emailing brothers from the in-app directory or exporting meeting and activity due dates to your mobile calendar, the app is SigEp’s all-in-one tool designed to help chapters build brotherhood, pursue the Balanced Man Ideal, and make the most of their SigEp experience.

By: BMP
by: awfulOct 16, 2022 8:19:03 AM

That just sounds so impersonal and dehumanizing. Virtual frat? Let’s avoid contact with real people at all costs.

By: awful
by: NopeOct 16, 2022 9:36:33 PM

Am not really interested in having some frat nationals stalking me from inside my phone

By: Nope
by: CsOct 16, 2022 9:50:48 PM

How are they going to colonize a fraternity when they don't have a house anymore? The SigEp ranch is now DKE

By: Cs
by: YeahOct 16, 2022 10:27:23 PM

Nationals: “this generation is always on their phones, hey I know a way we can use that to our advantage to mitigate risk and increase profits!” word, having losers all join a house through their phone will definitely work

By: Yeah
by: googleOct 23, 2022 4:21:08 PM

SigEp stands out as a forward-thinking fraternity in all issues, including gender. SigEp has traditionally treated gender as binary, when we live in a world with increasing awareness that gender is not always binary. SigEp’s membership is currently restricted those persons who identify as male, but there is limited space in Greek communities across the country for non-binary individuals to engage.

SigEp is leading the way towards the future of Greek organizations in the United States as gender inclusive organizations. SigEp is convening a task force to explore removing any screening of gender from its membership criteria and this will also expand SigEp’s recruitment pool.

By: google
by: wellOct 31, 2022 7:42:59 PM

So they've given up on actually being a fraternity.

Sad

By: well
#4  by: Bad   

Frat guys will tell you that they “don’t get hazed” but they absolutely do. I had a guy tell me an awful story about how they made him crawl on his hand and knees on broken glass and all this other stuff and how getting beat up by active members was a regular occurrence. But then after that story he told me that they don’t haze, because if he called it hazing he’d get in a lot of trouble with his frat.

By: Bad
by: WowOct 17, 2022 10:39:43 AM

Really? It is that bad? They would literally physically harm them like that and then force them to cover it up? I mean I knew that they would do stuff like make them do challenging or maybe even some humiliating and tough things to prove worth and commitment, but that much? Also which one was it? I heard that in general many multicultural fraternities haze much much harder than Social ones.

By: Wow
by: BadOct 17, 2022 8:12:14 PM

I can’t confirm if what he said was true because I wasn’t there, but he seemed pretty legit. And this was ATO

By: Bad
#5  by: Krappa   

Kappa is basically a frat bc all they do is haze

By: Krappa
#6  by: SEC   

All haze

By: SEC

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.