facebook

the real ranks

by: yup

ok these are the real ranks with reasons why

(in no order) ddd kkg zta dg
these houses are all considered top, it will just depend on the people you ask. if you’re from a big city and you wen to private school, you’ll say ddd/kkg. if you lived in a suburb and went to public school, you’ll say zta/dg. either way these 4 compete the most during rush for the best girls, but you’ll rarely see ddd/kkg cross rush with zta/dg. just different types of girls are attracted to both sets of houses. all of them are pretty involved on campus and go out a good amount too.

MID
(again in no order) axo xo kao pbp
these girls are the girls that didn’t go to the top houses but are still pretty great girls. if you went to church camp your whole life and your goal for college is to get a 4.0, you’ll go xo/kao. if you’re a big partier and you love that blonde sorority girl look, you’ll go axo. if you’re in between those two categories you’ll go pbp. still high quality girls, just didn’t end up in the top houses for whatever reason

BOTTOM
(once again in no order) adpi aopi dz gphi kd
these houses are only really considered bottom because you won’t really hear a ton about them. great houses but for the most part they aren’t everyone’s first pick, but a lot of girls that go these houses in the end end up loving it. hard to categorize these separately except that if you like to party you’ll probably go do. other than that they’re all still great houses

overall it’s difficult to make a defining rank with one house over the other because different people will say different houses are above certain houses and blah blah blah. it’s easier to just say top mid and bottom and leave it at that. all the houses have something to offer for every girl going through. but that’s just my take

Posted By: yup
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: no   

lol dg get outta here

By: no
by: TruthJul 22, 2020 5:44:18 PM

DG a top house. Can’t cancel them because of one bad egg.

By: Truth
by: Panlove Jul 22, 2020 7:45:33 PM

Not in the chapter so don’t know if she was kicked out or not, but if DG did keep the one girl I would actually admire them more. Sororities aren’t like normal organizations, they are supposed to be like family, a sisterhood, and when someone in your family does something really wrong, you don’t kick them out, you help them change and grow.

As a POC in Aggie Greek life, I feel there is growing possible in every chapter and in the system as a whole. I also believe real, lasting change doesn’t occur by finger pointing or just removing “bad apples” off to where we can’t see them. Real change happens through education, love, and with the help and support of all involved.

“We are only as strong as we are divided”

By: Panlove
by: Panlove Jul 22, 2020 7:53:23 PM

Oops “Only as strong as we are UNITED, weak as we are divided” sorry for my typo!

By: Panlove
#2  by: yes   

SO accurate!

By: yes
by: AgreedJul 22, 2020 5:08:48 PM

I think so too, this is a good grouping based on how hard they are to get into, but doesn’t mean I think the more competitive chapters are better. ALL the chapters here are fantastic!!!

I do think each of these groups cross-rush within each group quite a bit tho, despite the OP. For instance, I thinks it’s pretty common to be at ZTA or DG and KKG or DDD on pref bc all 4 have a lot in common. Same with the second and third grouping, XO, PBP, and KAO cross rush a ton! So do KD, GPB, DZ, ADP.

Not saying there isn’t cross rushing outside of the groups bc that happens too bc all the chapters have something great to offer.

By: Agreed
#3  by: hi   

my house is a mid house and it was actually my first choice!! i agree w this rank pretty well (minus dg) but when you go through rush just try to find where you fit best regardless of whether it’s a top/mid/bottom, however if you do end up wanting a top house just know that they’re top bc they’re hardest to get into

By: hi
by: YeahJul 24, 2020 7:47:23 PM

I agree, it should be more like groups that cross rush most often rather than ranks bc everyone has different values that draw them to certain chapters.

XO, PBP, KAO

DZ, AXO, KD

ADPi, AOP, GPB, AEP

KKG, DDD, DG, ZTA

By: Yeah
by: HomeAug 1, 2020 11:28:07 PM

While this may be true, ranks don’t help you find your home, just follow your heart and you will know the best fit for you!

By: Home
by: AgreedAug 5, 2020 1:01:59 PM

Truth

By: Agreed
#4  by: ...   

Even top, mid, bottom is ridiculous. I know girls in “bottom” houses that chose that house from the beginning. They didn’t chose them because they were dropped from every other house. I know girls in “top” houses that hate their sorority and have no friends. Stop trying to say certain sororities are more desirable than others. It’s an honor to be Greek at a highly competitive school like A&M. Every sorority has something to offer.

By: ...
#5  by: hey   

i dont like the wording bc you make it sound like every girl goes in wanting a top house and all the others are second choices! some girls go in with an open mind, others go in truly wanting a house that is not kkg, zta, ddd, dg!!

By: hey
by: ..Jul 23, 2020 12:20:53 PM

Exactly!!! It makes as seem as though the mid and bottom get the leftovers. I know girls who loved their “mid” or “bottom” house day one and hated top houses. The other other houses aren’t getting the leftovers. Every house has top quality girls.

By: ..
#6  by: Aggie greek   

Maybe these are by how competitive to get in but there’s barely a difference overall. All the chapters here are amazing! PNMs follow your heart, I hope you have the best experience in recruitment!

By: Aggie greek
#7  by: Well....   

Not sure about the private school/big city vs suburb/public school thing for the top chapters....maybe that used to be a thing here but it’s not really like that now. ALL the chapters have wealthy private school girls, they just don’t see money or a zip code as the end-all-be-all definition of a person like some chapters do. Just depends on what you value I guess....

By: Well....

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.