facebook

sophomore formal rush

by: :P

do any houses cut if you rushed as a freshman, drop recruitment and then re-rush in the fall as a sophomore

Posted By: :P
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ..   

I think some houses do as a national policy but I also know some dont. You might want to try cob this semester a lot of chapters are probably going to be participating

By: ..
#2  by: Me   

They won’t cut you simply because you’re re-rushing. However some chapters on campus do have a national “once cut, always cut” policy so if those chapters were ones who released you last fall, you can expect they’ll release you early as a sophomore.

The key to a successful second rush as a sophomore is: high TAMU GPA (they won’t care about HS anymore), campus involvement as a freshmen, and most important - do you know sorority women who will pull for you? Some “unconnected” sophomores get bids when rushing again but they usually have outstanding resumes. And - get recs for every single house.\n\n\n\n\n

By: Me
by: ,,,Mar 30, 2020 4:32:49 PM

this ^^^. If you want to re-rush as a sophomore you definitely should! I didn't really understand greek life when I went through recruitment my freshman year and ended up dropping. I worked on my resume, got recommendations, and re-rushed as a sophomore. I went from being cut from the majority of the houses first round to having a full party list and ended up in my top choice!

It was totally worth it!

By: ,,,

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.