facebook

Any new sororities coming to campus?

by: firefirRE

Kinda bored with the usual selection of sororities. Is there any new ones coming to campus soon? Should be interesting.

Posted By: firefirRE
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: who knows???   

I've heard that AXO would be next up. I think they used to have a chapter at LSU decades ago.

By: who knows???
by: LASep 18, 2020 7:14:28 PM

I heard I Felta Thi was next....?

By: LA
#2  by: ^   

Whatever happened with Kappa Beta Gamma?

By: ^
by: LADec 8, 2020 5:38:33 PM

I heard that Tappa Kegga Bru would colonize next fall!

By: LA
by: anonFeb 28, 2021 8:58:12 PM

They are colonizing Spring 2021 and will be a full chapter in Fall 2021

By: anon
by: Good luck with thatMar 1, 2021 5:59:40 AM

KBG lasted less than a year at Bama. Tons of drama and mess stemming from their sketchy "national" taking the chapter's money without providing anything in return. When the girls complained, KBG just shut the chapter down.

By: Good luck with that
by: anonMar 1, 2021 3:56:08 PM

Well I hope that's not the case here. I have a friend involved in it (I'm graduating soon, so I wasn't gonna join) and she told me that they have a chapter at ULM, so hopefully they get support from them. Wishing them the best.

by: @Good luckApr 18, 2021 4:26:45 PM

It wasn't just Bama -- around the same time they also colonized at Georgetown, Penn State, and UT Austin, and none of those chapters are still open. There was some speculation that they were targeting big Greek schools so they could join the NPC.

Their only "sratty" chapter is at Wake Forest, which absorbed a chapter of Pi Phi that got shut down for hazing.

They do seem to do well at smaller, less competitive schools, and their chapter at Kentucky seems to be doing OK. Maybe they'll pull it off here, who knows.

By: @Good luck
by: anonApr 19, 2021 11:02:51 AM

Hopefully so. They just got their charter recently and my friend in it was telling me that ULM is working closely with them to make it work.

From what her recruitment chair told her, they're (the LSU chapter at least) not going to target girls who would typically join an NPC sorority. They're planning on targeting girls who would never see themselves in a sorority, so hopefully that helps them in the future. I do think it would be an interesting org on campus.

by: anonApr 19, 2021 4:23:56 PM

They've introduced themselves to PHC Council and are actively working with them. As for individual chapters, I have no idea. I only know people in the org and what I hear from them.

#3  by: <8888888>   

Maybe you could start Sigma Eta Iota Troll!

By: <8888888>

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.