facebook

Theta and DPhiE?

by: jw

Honest question..why are theta and DPhiE ranked so differently when they have such similar vibes? Both very artsy quirky houses but theta’s quirkiness is a ‘cool’ attribute about them while DPhiE is bottom for being different. Lots of girls pref both. I just went through recruitment and people were afraid they’d get bashed for being DPhiE even though it’s a solid house with cool girls. Is it because theta has a nicer house? Or based on who they mix with? Just trying to understand because the way I see it, they’re about the same, but the only thing that hurts DPhiE is the rep of being “bottom”

Posted By: jw
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Blah   

I’d say after this recruitment dphie is more lower mid now than anything. They did pretty well and a lot of girls that preffed dphie also preffed theta

By: Blah
by: dphie alertMar 8, 2021 4:34:31 PM

thx for the same opinion you have every year dphie

By: dphie alert
#2  by: t   

theta tends to pull some non-sorority 'cool' girls who prob wouldn't fit into many other houses while dphie is often for the more stereotypically sorority vibe so that may be why

By: t
#3  by: yeah   

both are awesome houses!!!

By: yeah
#4  by: Theta vs Dphie   

Yeah there’s now several houses known for having some artsy/quirky girls but Theta goes for more “cool girl” types (similar to how GPhi for example pulls a few “edgy girl” types that don’t make Kappa) and this can gain them more desirable girls through that niche whereas Dphie tends to go for more regular sorority girls who are more lowkey artsy/alt so they end up having to compete with way more sororities for their PNMs and end up taking a lot of nice but awkward girls. Dphie is great just much more of a mixed bag with less strong of a vibe than other mid tier sororities.

Part of it like you said it rep too, like Dphie is known for doing informal recruitment every year and having poor frat relations which makes them look less desirable to some people but not everyone. Historically Theta floats between higher and lower on the mid tier whereas Dphie tends to flounder between bottom of mid tier and higher on the bottom tier, which can affect PNMs too. At the end of the day, both are solid houses with tons of other pros and cons like any house.

By: Theta vs Dphie
by: !!Mar 1, 2021 2:38:01 PM

bumpp

By: !!
#5  by: Imo   

I just went through rush and thought theta and dphie were the same. I have a different vibe so went with another house but both seemed cool-artsy. I didn’t pref at either so idk.

It’s so hard to rank the mid and bottom tiers b/c they are all so different.

By: Imo
by: lolMar 2, 2021 12:30:23 AM

bruh even just visually theta and dphie are pretty different... dphies all up in here trying to start this narrative that they’re soooooo similar to a real middle tier house is really obvious. just because they’re both kind of different doesn’t make them the same, different vibes for sure

By: lol
by: UmmMar 2, 2021 7:21:02 AM

^^^ sdt getting made Dphie is better than them now

By: Umm
by: relaxMar 2, 2021 8:58:28 AM

theta is so hurt a bottom tier house is being compared to them because they didn’t do well this year..lighten up

By: relax
by: lolMar 2, 2021 9:08:56 AM

lol ok you tell yourself that but sdt does it too, not just dphie. both are getting old at this point. only difference with them is sdt has a different vibe. for same ranked houses you sure seem quick to hate on and point fingers at sdt though don’t you dphie?

By: lol
#6  by: Seriously    

Theta did really well this recruitment.

By: Seriously
by: ouchMar 8, 2021 4:33:12 PM

RIP theta getting compared to the lowest tier now... better luck next year ladies :(

By: ouch

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.