facebook

Questions About Rushing Next Fall

by: PNM

Hi, I'm looking at rushing next fall and I have some questions to determine which house to join/etc etc etc.

- How many girls rush each year? How hard is the competition?

- Are there any sororities I should for sure avoid?

- Which sorority cares about their philanthropy most?

- Are there any benefits to joining certain sororities?

Posted By: PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: rush   

Usually about 1000. For some reason, this year there was only about 850. The competition is tough. I heard 34% of the girls going through this year ended up dropping because they weren't getting invited back to the houses they wanted.

The reality is, it isn't likely that you'll be able to "pick" your sorority. You just need to be open minded and give each house a chance. If you are lucky enough to choose, I'd choose a house that doesn't struggle with retention issues and consistently has a high gpa.

At this school, almost all the sororities are really strong and there really are great girls in each house.

By: rush
#2  by: Gbr   

If you drop you can always do cob, I got sick during rush and had to drop but I did cob and found a home :)

By: Gbr
#3  by: Yeehaw   

One piece of advice is don’t join the two non Panhellenic ones that don’t have houses. I have friends in the ag one who regret joining. They don’t do formal recruitment and you just don’t get that “sorority experience” with them.

By: Yeehaw

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.