facebook

Greek life at unl

by: Incoming

Is Greek life a very big deal here? Just wondering if it’s worth rushing because I’m from out of state

Posted By: Incoming
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Sort of   

For guys if your not in Greek life there is not much of a party scene. However if your a girl you'll have no problem getting out.

By: Sort of
#2  by: .   

I was an out of state kid that was contemplating rushing or not (in a fraternity). My advice is to definitely rush - you really have nothing to lose. If you’re a girl, I know a lot of girls make friends with their rho gam group even if they don’t end up getting a bid/joining a sorority.

If you’re a guy, I would definitely think about rushing. Pretty much all the parties/froshes and tailgates are going to be hosted by fraternities, making life as a geed fairly boring tbh.

You have nothing to lose by rushing, if anything it’ll help you be more comfortable about meeting new people (which is what Greek Life is partially about), and you may end up finding a house that you fit with.

By: .
#3  by: big d energy   

If moneys not an issue, go for it. you can always back out if you do sign and don’t initiate due to whatever reasons you might have. Rushing allows you to meet new people, plus being greek keeps you relatively social especially compared to being a geed. Being a girl isn’t as bad, but if you’re a guy, you pretty much won’t go to parties or have much fun if you’re independent

By: big d energy

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.