facebook

pnm bid chances private school

by: unl

I'm an incoming freshman at UNL, I have a 3.6 gpa but my high school grading scale is very hard because its a private school. I'm also from out of state. Will they know that my 3.6 is weighed down because of my high schools grading scale?
I like to party every once in a while and have a very mature personality. What houses should I look at?

Posted By: unl
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: .   

Are you a boy or girl?

Either way fraternities and sororities don’t really look at what type of school you went to.

By: .
#2  by: Sorority girl!   

Not sure what fraternities look for in GPA but a 3.6 is decent. Most houses have cutoff at 3.5 or 3.6 so you should be okay for the GPA cut day. What houses are interested in?

By: Sorority girl!
by: PNMJun 13, 2019 4:24:05 PM

Theta, A Phi, Kappa, and DG

By: PNM
by: .Jun 13, 2019 6:18:28 PM

So I know girls in all 4 of those houses, and I’ll give you my perspective as a guy in a fraternity that’s going to be a sophomore. Most of my opinion are going to be based on the incoming sophomore class. APhi, Theta, and DG are all really good houses both with partying and academics. Kappa is a good house but they don’t really seem like a sorority that focuses a lot on academics and I don’t see them really a lot besides at froshes. They’re pretty fun at parties though. I would also look at a house like GPhi or ChiO too if you’re more focused on academics and a lot of the girls there are pretty mature. Downside is both of those sororities have girls that party a lot, but it’s really only like 25-40% of the girls that are going to be sophomores. When you’re meeting with all the houses you’ll probably get a pretty good reference of what the girls are like and just base your decision off whether you like what you see or not.

By: .
#3  by: GBR   

Many of the high schools in Nebraska have a “weighted” down GPA, many of us are on a 7 point scale. For example, a 92% is a B, your 3.6 is nice but probably pretty similar to others going through recruitment.

By: GBR

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.