facebook

letters of rec and chances

by: PNM

I'm from out of state and will not know any current members. I want to get letters of rec for as many chapters as possible but will it matter who writes it? Like should I try and find someone who graduated more recently or from a closer school? Is the letter given less weight if it is from someone who graduated from a school halfway across the country 30 years ago as long as it's the right sorority? I don't know any UNL alumni.

Second question is the numbers are scary - if there are about 1100 or so people and half drop or get dropped is it because they are too choosy or did they get dropped from most houses for gpa? Those are scary odds. If you meet the gpa and you are open to almost any house are the odds less scary? 50/50 is harsh.
TIA

Posted By: PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Freshman   

If you have a decent gpa, keep an open mind, and have good conversations during the week you should have nothing to worry about

By: Freshman
#2  by: Sorority Girl   

It’s okay if you don’t know any UNL Alumni. The most important part is that your recommendations should be from someone who knows you personally so they can vouch for you

By: Sorority Girl
by: PNMFeb 19, 2019 1:08:12 PM

Thank you both! That is really helpful

By: PNM
#3  by: yup   

I come from out of state, didn't know anyone, and also didn't have any letters of rec. I spent a lot of time on my application and focused on rush week and didn't get dropped from any houses I preffed. I don't think they really matter:)

By: yup

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.