facebook

I’m right and you can’t tell me otherwise

by: Hot take

You can’t be known as the “smart” house if all your members have dumb majors we all know that it’s way easier to get a high gpa in a major like interior design or fashion or el Ed than it is to get a high gpa in a stem major. Let’s stop acting like houses that are exclusively el Ed and fashion majors are the smart houses please (also let’s not drop girls durring recruitment because they aren’t in a ~sorority girl~ kinda major)

Posted By: Hot take
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Newcy   

This post is interesting; I’m most likely coming to ISU next year and majoring in engineering or a science related field. I want to rush and find girls with similar majors but I also want to meet others with different interest or majors than me. Questions for anyone who can seriously help:
1. Which houses take grades and studying seriously? Are there study hours or sororities that help you adjust to the college life of finding the importance of grades and studying yet being social too
2. Which houses have girls that are very involved on campus? I’d like to join some other things along with a sorority as I’ve been able to do lots of things in high school.
3. I’m reading that there are lots of opportunities for houses to do things together. Does that happen? Are there houses on campus that have a reputation of being a good house to be paired with others ?
I will keep an open mind through the process but I just want to here others thoughts on what the Greek system is like.

By: Newcy
by: SupNov 30, 2020 10:30:37 AM

Basically every house has some girls that are super into acedemics and some girls that are really involved just like how every chapter has girls that aren’t as involved on campus and or aren’t doing too hot in the grades department. No chapter imo does those things better or worse than another.

In terms of pairings... yeah we get a pairing for homecoming and Greek week each year, there are certain sororities that some frats would rather not be paired with, and there are certain frats that some srats wouldn’t wanna be paired with, that doesn’t mean that the members of those chapters are any more or less valid than others. They try to keep pairings balanced by putting one big frat one smaller frat and one sorority in each pairing.

By: Sup

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.