facebook

Sorority Open Bidding

by: livisu

Looks like many sorority houses have open bidding. Only 4 seem to not be participating. (XO, KKG, ADP, etc.). Why is this? What’s this COB process like? Any advice on which sororities to look at that are available.

Posted By: livisu
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Hi   

You usually just email whoever is listed on their social media as their recruitment person and they’ll invite you to get coffee or something, then maybe over to the house, and then offer you a bid. You can reach out to multiple houses and I’ve known girls who’ve gotten multiple bid offers through COB. Personally, Pi phi, axo, or theta would be my choice that are doing COB rn, they just come off as the most chill and genuine out of the chapters listed.

By: Hi
by: HeySep 9, 2020 3:50:51 PM

Just completely depends on your personality. DZ/DDD are pretty similar, PiPhi/Gphi kinda similar, DG/Theta kinda similar, ect. COB definitely has a good mix for all personality types

By: Hey
by: confused Sep 9, 2020 6:48:46 PM

i agree with dz and tridelt but dg and theta are nothing alike lol piphi and theta are more close of a match

By: confused
by: livisuSep 19, 2020 9:55:27 PM

“Hi”, Thanks for your response. Anyone else have thoughts on the houses mentioned in this message (pi phi, axo, or theta). Would love opinions on any of the houses still doing COB.

By: livisu
by: JSep 20, 2020 1:02:20 PM

I was between theta and pi phi during recruitment, they both have cool philanthropies that work with kids. Both have really nice girl too. I didn’t go back to axo much but they seemed nice too

By: J
#2  by: Hey    

Dg is also doing cob! Good luck finding a house you love :)

By: Hey
#3  by: COB    

XO and KKG were able to get the most girls in their PCs and therefore have no need to COB - meaning they had a great rush which is pretty usual for them. Honestly surprised ADPi isn’t doing COB because it didn’t look like they got that many girls. Make the most out of COB and reach out to as many chapters as you’re interested in so that you can have more options to pick from!

By: COB
#4  by: Livisu   

Anyone have info on how COB has been going for the houses that are participating? Are some houses now full or still looking for PNMs

By: Livisu
by: WellSep 17, 2020 9:03:33 AM

I know my house was doing so good nationals had our girl in charge of cob lead a zoom giving tips to other chapters

By: Well
by: YepSep 17, 2020 2:50:15 PM

Yes pretty much all houses mentioned above are still doing COB...not sure your nationals have you run a zoom call really has to do with answering that question

By: Yep
by: @yepSep 18, 2020 2:22:06 PM

Op asked how it was going they answered no need to be negative homie

By: @yep
#5  by: None of the top houses   

do COB, COB is for houses that didn’t make quota.

By: None of the top houses

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.