facebook

Please Help Me!

by: Pledge

I’m torn on which house to join. I’m an engineering major looking to have a great house academically but loves to party too. So far, I have bids from FH and TKE. I’m concerned FH isn’t social enough, and TKE’s renovation is making their house hard to sell. I’m trying to get an offer from FIJI and DU; they seem like they might be a better fit. I’m running out of town. Which house would you pick?

Posted By: Pledge
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Girl    

Don’t go fiji as a girl imma tell you that Fiji’s kinda.... well my friend group avoids them
I love the tkes and dus I have met Farmhouse is cool too... they do have a rep of being rich farm boys tho

By: Girl
by: PledgeJul 22, 2020 12:36:15 PM

Does FH party? Would you say they’re social? What about DU?

Thanks for the reply

By: Pledge
by: @ the kidJul 22, 2020 3:38:29 PM

FH is def a house that people like to have as a pairing, if you want a read on partying you can check out ifcs site and there’s info on there on if a house is wet or dry (just because a house is dry doesn’t mean they aren’t social tho)

By: @ the kid
#2  by: IMO    

FH and TKE are both awesome houses! You will be good with either of them; DU is also good. I would take a bid from those three over Fiji for sure.

By: IMO
by: PledgeJul 22, 2020 5:34:52 PM

What are FH parties like? How social are they?

#3  by: Advice   

Don’t join Greek life just for parties, anyone can party regardless of house. Greek life is sooo much more than partying and if you’re only in it to get wasted 3 nights a week you gotta reconsider why you’d wanna spend that much money and take away all that time from school

By: Advice
by: PledgeJul 23, 2020 1:18:46 PM

I’m not sure if I gave that impression or not but that’s not what I’m in it for if I was I would look at ATO or Delts. I was asking how social in all aspects not parties.

#4  by: Advice   

All fraternities are in it for one reason, to have a bond, brotherhood, and friendship. Regardless of what fraternity you join, there will be tons of fun to be had. You need to look around and find the right connection. Parties are fun, but some of the friends I’ve made from my chapter are life long. Also don’t listen to the people who stereotype party houses vs non party houses. Most the time, the houses known for partying usually end up with good grades compared to some dry houses. It’s all about where you see yourself fitting in the best.

Best thing you can do is look around and get a feeling of what you feel would be best for you!

By: Advice
by: greek expertSep 11, 2020 2:52:56 AM

I got bids from most of those houses you mention but pledged Lambda Chi you should check them out they are the fastest rising fraternity and stealing LOTS of pledges from so called top houses.

By: greek expert
by: ISU2025Jan 19, 2021 2:17:56 PM

I got bids from ATO, DELT, FH, TKE and joined Lambda Chi. I think they definitely have the highest quality guys and really moving up

By: ISU2025

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.