facebook

Fall sorority recruitment

by: Xl

With class starting early, what will be the new schedule for fall 2020 recruiting?

Posted By: Xl
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Guest   

It hasn’t been decided yet. There’s still a lot that’s being discussed.

By: Guest
#2  by: Cpc   

How will they even have rush and still keep people distanced?

By: Cpc
#3  by: Uh   

Incoming freshman and I was excited for Primary Recruitment but now I am questioning if it is even worth it. If rush is going to be virtual, and no large gatherings means many social events will be cancelled then what is the point? I am wondering if I should put off until next year.

Just seems like Fall rush is going to be a big mess. How do you get to know if you fit if you can't visit the houses? How do you get to know your pledge class if you can't gather in a larger group. Just seems like Greek Life at all schools are going to take a hard hit this year. Is it going to be worth spending the money in dues if you can't do anything?

Struggling to figure out what to do.

By: Uh
by: Srat Jun 26, 2020 11:04:40 PM

PLEASE STILL RUSH
Honestly I think having a sisterhood right off the bat will be really helpful in adjusting especially in this crazy time
And I promise you every chapter wants girls to join this year especially

By: Srat
#4  by: work in progress   

It's not fully set in stone but most of recruitment will be online. For the first round you'll pick houses based off their videos and you may have to submit a video/questionnaire of your own. The other rounds will be done via zoom and pref will be in person. It might be done at the house but a lot of chapters are looking at doing on campus. This may change, though. It has to go to some committee on campus to make sure it's done safely for the in-person stuff.

By: work in progress
by: UhJul 17, 2020 3:04:12 PM

So, listened to the Insta update today and heard the plan for rush. I understand the first round is virtual with all chapters, then second round was up to 11. They didn't say how many for the next rounds.

So how are cuts working, do we rank our top choices after each round? They didn't really go over that. Also, what do we where during the virtual rounds? Do we only have to worry about dressing up for Pref round?

I know they said the PNM guide will be coming but with move in starting on the 3rd, doesn't give a lot of time to figure out outfits.

Also, they said for Pref that there would be temperature checks, so what happens if I do have a fever, do I not get to participate or do I do it virtually?

By: Uh

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.