facebook

different high schools have different opinions

by: bunny

People think of sororities differently depending on where you are from. Here is how it is viewed from my area in Texas.

Kappa, Pi Phi, Chi O
Tri Delt, Theta
Alpha Chi, Alph Phi
DG, G Phi, AOPi, AGD

Before anyone accuses me of anything, I am not in a house on the top row but this is honestly how sororities are seen in the DFW area. I was a better fit in what is seen as a lower ranking house and am really happy. Don't base recruitment only off of what is most popular in your area.

Posted By: bunny
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 3
#1  by: boom boom   

my HS in TX sees the rankings the same as the OP but have heard that it's sometimes seen differently in OK

By: boom boom
by: go greekFeb 11, 2020 8:37:18 PM

the sororities that most girls from my high school want are
Theta, Pi Phi, Chi O & Kappa

By: go greek
by: smartiesFeb 12, 2020 7:45:52 AM

the smart girls in honors & AP classes from my HS mostly wanted Theta

By: smarties
by: ha haFeb 12, 2020 10:54:46 PM

No high school girls are thinking Chi O is a top house but it's a nice try

By: ha ha
by: Tulsa girlFeb 16, 2020 9:58:21 AM

I'm a senior in Tulsa and most of the girls who are graduating with me want Pi Phi Kappa or Theta. We're all nervous about recruitment but mostly hoping for one of those 3 sororities

By: Tulsa girl
by: And here we go....May 16, 2020 10:56:26 PM

This kind of thinking is why so many girls drop. Girls crying in bathrooms. Running home after first round.
Honestly all of the OU sororities have a lot to offer. From “theoretical” top to bottom. 😢
Be happy where you end up. Because OU Greek is awesome you CAN be happy in any chapter on campus. Rankings/tiers only matter for one week every year. And after that nobody cares. So skip the drama. Don’t worry, be happy. 😀

By: And here we go....
by: True Jul 10, 2020 11:05:15 AM

The OP is spot on-same thoughts at my high school

By: True
by: bumpAug 5, 2020 7:56:15 PM

bump b/c it's #truth

By: bump
by: agreeAug 23, 2020 3:29:45 PM

the three on the top line were also my faves & I have two of them for pref now!

By: agree
by: heyAug 23, 2020 11:13:24 PM

agree with the OP

By: hey
#2  by: Hmm   

Not how I see it but we all have our opinions.

By: Hmm
by: hottieAug 13, 2020 10:57:21 PM

My high school sees it the same as the OP

By: hottie
by: mostAug 23, 2020 9:02:39 PM

All of the girls that I'm friends with from high school see it the same way as the OP

By: most
#3  by: Top 5   

In my Texas high school the most wanted are ChiO (LOTS of Texas girls), Pi Phi and Tri Delt. Theta and Kappa next. Not everyone got top 5 but everyone is happy where they are. In real life we all get along and really if you compare OU houses to almost any other school you would see our Pan is soooo much better! Let’s be happy that OU is it!

By: Top 5
by: you know it Feb 12, 2020 3:03:56 PM

100% agree with the person above

By: you know it
by: Texas SoonerFeb 12, 2020 4:11:54 PM

My High School wants XO, KAPPA, DDD and APHI! Some Pi Phi and less Theta.

By: Texas Sooner
by: not quite Feb 12, 2020 8:24:46 PM

Everyone at every high school knows that A Phi is just a fall back plan if you get cut by chio, kappa, piphi, theta & tridelt

By: not quite
by: hiFeb 13, 2020 2:12:31 PM

What school in Texas?

By: hi
by: Sorry XOFeb 14, 2020 12:37:42 AM

They're wanting XO at UT, not at OU

By: Sorry XO
by: Dallas Jul 31, 2020 12:40:48 AM

Maybe people liked DDD before their latest racial problem

By: Dallas
#4  by: @not quite   

That is interesting bc APHI was my Day 1 number 1. I prefed it over DDD and no hate bc I adore the DDD’s. I think more people want it then you think. ;) ❤️ Pan Love!!!

By: @not quite
by: AphiFeb 13, 2020 12:13:30 PM

Love my house, love my PC and love all my friends in other houses! BOOM SOON...you can’t go wrong! ❤️

By: Aphi
by: aphiJul 15, 2020 10:57:34 PM

more evidence that you are just on here trolling and inflating yourselves. i love that you love your chapter. wish more of your members felt the same and didn't drop like flies.

By: aphi
by: Love my houseJul 31, 2020 10:25:34 AM

I love APHI from the start!!

By: Love my house
by: nopeAug 11, 2020 9:48:42 AM

Nobody wants A Phi from the start. It's their 7th or 8th choice after they get cut by all of the others

By: nope
#5  by: My list   

I wanted PiPhi, AlphaChi, DDD or AlphaPhi

By: My list
#6  by: PiPhi Mom   

PiPhi mom at it again

By: PiPhi Mom
#7  by: Fort Worth   

Not how my high school sees it, but it would be boring if we all wanted the same

By: Fort Worth
#8  by: good on ya   

My HS sees it the same as the OP

By: good on ya
by: sameMay 26, 2020 6:02:09 PM

same at mine

By: same
#9  by: hs    

at my high school a majority of the girls went chi o and a couple were in other sororities but it was overwhelmingly chi o

By: hs
by: UhmJul 6, 2020 9:02:45 PM

You go where you know girls and have friends.

By: Uhm
by: rabbitAug 12, 2020 10:15:58 AM

girls hate ChiO and they had to take 14 girls for spring rush because so many dropped that house

By: rabbit
#10  by: What?   

There must be something wrong with me because I wasn’t drooling over any houses in high school.

By: What?
by: truly May 16, 2020 12:15:38 PM

That’s the best way to be — coming in with an open mind and attitude instead of having your heart set on a certain and probably experiencing disappointment when you are cut.
Houses considered lower tier here are often better fits for many I’ve found anyway but you don’t realize it until going through rush.

By: truly
by: Fair Jul 6, 2020 10:22:26 PM

Be open minded
You will find out for yourself when you get on campus. The houses are all good but have a very different vibe. I knew immediately where I belonged.

By: Fair

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.