facebook

rushing a fraternity as a veteran

by: current military

Hey y’all, I’m getting out of the military relatively soon, and I was wondering if there was any negative stigma towards rushing a fraternity as a slightly older guy. I’ll be in my early 20s when I go through rush, if that helps.

Posted By: current military
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: current military   

bumping, I’m still curious

By: current military
#2  by: fraternity   

Honestly for most fraternities if they like you and think you'll benefit them in a certain way or ways there usually isn't much or if any stigma because you'll be a little older. I think its awesome personally to rush servicemen. That said, there will be a couple fraternities that might not want to put an older guy through a pledgeship understandably, but when I say couple, I mean like 1-3 out of 15 from my experience. I wouldn't be too worried about anybody getting a first wrong impression, but if you come into college chasing freshmen girls I wouldn't be surprised if they hold you to a short leash. There are always a couple really old (25+) guys that come through rush every year that are supper creepy and doing it to get with younger girls, no fraternity wants to be associated with that and be in the situation where a 19 year old has to tell a guy 4-5 years older than him to f!@# off. Don't be that guy, play along, and act your age, don't succumb to acting like a 18 year old cause thats what your pledge class is mostly of and you should be fine.

By: fraternity
by: fraternityJun 19, 2019 1:36:48 AM

I personally think that if you're 25 years old or older you need to rethink rushing some fraternities if not the whole IFC greek system in my opinion. It's just a specific age because thats when they'll be more likely than not no active members older than you in the chapters available. most servicemen I've seen rush (all to pretty notable IFC chapters) have been about 22-23 years old for reference and all have worked out fine and stayed till they graduated.

By: fraternity
#3  by: So Weird   

This is posted on at least one more school site. Why would you bother with that? My friend, you need a life.

By: So Weird
by: MkayJun 25, 2019 11:04:14 AM

Says the one looking at Greekrank for other schools

By: Mkay
by: ^Jun 25, 2019 9:20:45 PM

Says the person who went to a school where most seniors didn't go to college and the few that did cluster up at OU

By: ^
by: @mkayJun 27, 2019 11:49:17 PM

Looks like you're the one posting on multiple sites. A bit different and a lot more lame than just looking. I'd tell you to go back to your own school, but most likely your community college didn't have greek life.

By: @mkay
#4  by: No problem   

I’ll be rushing with 21 so you won’t be alone bro

By: No problem

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.