facebook

any questions regarding rush???

by: OMS

Instead of bashing houses or asking for ranks I'd rather make this page helpful to perspective members! What are some questions that you have before you rush/ come to Ole Miss??

Posted By: OMS
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: klm   

My daughter will be rushing as a non ole miss legacy, what are her chances of getting her legacy house?

By: klm
by: OM Jun 15, 2019 7:57:58 AM

The odds of getting one's legacy house as a non-OM legacy are lowest with houses that are heavily Mississippi/OM legacy girls - KD, DDD, and XO. DG and Phi Mu can be a bit challenging and to some degree KKG. The houses where non-OM legacies have a better chance are Pi Phi, Alpha Phi, AOPi and ADPi. That's NOT to say non-OM legacies don't get into the other houses, they do, but so many legacies rush now (both OM and non-OM), it is harder. There are so many legacies at many houses that they could fill up an entire pledge class with them.

Every single house has terrific girls and offers the same sisterhood, so I hope your daughter will be open to each one, she really can't go wrong that way and she'll find the house that's truly 'home'.

By: OM
#2  by: OMS   

No one can really say! In my experience, being a legacy definitely helps but being an Ole Miss legacy is what really helps. Just because someone is a legacy doesn't mean they will really "fit" that chapter here at Ole Miss. Your daughter will be the happiest and have the best sorority experience if she is in the house that is the best fit for her, whether that being the legacy house or not.

By: OMS
#3  by: Legacy    

These cut tons of legacies - XO, KD, DDD, KKG, Phi Mu. Unless you are an OM legacy, there are zero guarantees. I knew plenty of girls last year who were double legacies to those listed above and they were cut before pref night. A lot of OOS southern girls are legacies to those above and ADPi just because of the stronghold those listed above are are other schools in the South. ADPi is better about legacy status than the ones above.

By: Legacy

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.