facebook

Pros and cons..

by: frat

I am thinking about Joining a frat, but I am worried about the cons outweighing the pros I Heard they are very expensive and time consuming and plus its hard to keep good grades because your are constantly getting hazed for a whole semester. If anyone has some insight on cost or hazing or even have some positives/negatives lmk.

Posted By: frat
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: :   

Pros/cons are personal and everyone’s experiences are different, but personally a semester of bs for 3.5 yrs (and more) of friends, parties, etc is worth it. I know you can meet people outside of greek life and whatever, but the point is that your house has the most like-minded people you could find on campus and with each pledge class you meet even more people. When you graduate and move to a new city and stuff, you’ll 100% be grateful for having met so many people and having so many experiences

By: :
#2  by: frat   

I’d definitely say it’s worth rushing to at least check out some of the houses. Also if you’re very serious about grades IFC posts the fraternity grade reports on their website maybe rush a frat that has a similar focus/mindset. If nothing else go to some events and meet some guys at different houses. If you vibe you with a house then great, if not then it just wasn’t meant to be.

By: frat
#3  by: pledging is ez   

if ur an incoming freshmen definitely rush and try to find some dudes u can see yourself being friends with. Specially if youre out of state and dont know anyone.

By: pledging is ez

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.