facebook

The positives of Greek life at IU

by: truth

While there are still many things to critique about Greek life at IU, there are many things to admire:
1. Most people in it are spiritually awakened. There aren’t many radical religious people who are brainwashed. There are many hippy-like guys and girls who follow the law of love and peace, which is super nice. No one here will judge you for wearing revealing clothing like a religious group of friends would. Overall there is no “sinning” in Greek life. The “sinning” mindset is beyond toxic and was made up thousands of years ago to oppress and control society. Who has time for that?

2. The motto “live fast, die young” is actually applied here. Most Greek life kids live their youth to the fullest and have fun 24/7.

3. The connections are real and worth it. You need a job? A brother or sister will have your back and can help you get almost any job - especially in corporate.

4. Going through pledgeship - regardless of how easy or tough it is - will make you a better person and teach you dedication, time management, etc.

Posted By: truth
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Facts   

Facts

By: Facts
#2  by: ohlympics   

never heard of any iu greek alum using connections they've made in greek life to get a career. in fact, i've heard of iu greek alum recommending companies to not hire someone, albeit a different sorority or fraternity, because of how they acted back in college.

By: ohlympics
by: yeahJul 31, 2021 4:02:52 PM

I normally don’t talk about my Greek life affiliation in job interviews for that reason, unless you can bs an answer and make it seem like you did something “professional”

By: yeah
by: What you're saying Jul 31, 2021 9:59:45 PM

Is that you don't actually know many people that have been/are in greek life here.

By: What you're saying
#3  by: Avion   

Unquestionably the silliest thing I’ve read on here. Which is saying something.

By: Avion
#4  by: hold on chief   

have you ever seen one of several misogynistic discussion posts that victim blames girls or? dont get me wrong there are def a lot of chill ppl in greek life but to say there is no “sinning” is almost disingenuous same actions different flavors

By: hold on chief
#5  by: A thought    

Loose girls in the srats?

By: A thought

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.