facebook

how competitive is sorority recruitment?

by: ???

This is pretty early, but I'm going to be a freshman at MSU this fall and I'm interested in joining a sorority. I don't care about being in a top house and am open to lower/middle houses. Is it still competitive to get into even a lower or lower middle tier? I've read that less than half of girls get a bid, but does that include the girls who dropped too?

Posted By: ???
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Welcome   

It is very easy to get a bid from the middle tier houses like gamma phi, SK, Zeta and Delta Gamma

By: Welcome
by: What???Feb 21, 2019 1:01:30 PM

Sorry not easy to get a bid from zeta or sk at all

By: What???
#2  by: sorority   

The mid tier houses are the best houses to get in the frats love them and the girls get along real well and u form better friendships. That is what I am constantly hearing. A lot of girls are picking the mid tier houses over the top tier houses and that makes them a lot more competitive but the word is that’s the way to go if u can. Where ever u go u will find nice friends that u relate to.

By: sorority
by: ?Feb 22, 2019 7:34:23 AM

Do you know if recs matter at all?

By: ?
#3  by: Truth   

That’s very true! The mid tier houses are getting more girks now then top tier.

By: Truth
by: But...Feb 21, 2019 6:54:20 AM

Everybody knows guys only want to be seen with girls in the top sorority .

By: But...
by: FratFeb 22, 2019 12:17:56 AM

Frat guys don’t care if girls are in top tier. I’m in a top tier and go out with girls in all tiers. All tiers have cute girls and there r girls in lower tiers hotter then higher tiers. Doesn’t matter

By: Frat
#4  by: Panhel   

Very, very few girls get dropped entirely from recruitment. The vast majority of girls will get a bid as long as she maximizes her options (goes to every party to which she is invited). If you hear large numbers of girls not getting bids, it is because a lot of girls quit recruitment because they got dropped by their favorite houses and don't want to give the other houses who did invite them back a chance.

Advice to PNMs: don't get caught up in the tiers. If you get dropped from all the so-called "top tier" or even "middle tier" houses, stick with it. You will end up where you are meant to be. And it's 100% okay to be in a so-called "lower tier" sorority. Ask any of the members there and they will tell you that they are perfectly happy and can't imagine themselves anywhere else.

By: Panhel
by: ?Feb 22, 2019 7:30:54 AM

Thanks for the reply. Do you know which sororities are considered “low/mid tier”?

By: ?
#5  by: xy   

Lower tier ones easy bids include:
Gphi, piphi, SDT, DG and maybe even axid is a little easier than other upper houses but ranked higher than others listed before, these houses have all super good sisterhoods too, dont overlook them,

By: xy
by: TruthFeb 22, 2019 8:10:48 AM

Zeta , theta, kappa r easier to get bids from. They are now considered the lower tier houses. Gamma phi Axid
Pi phi SDT all recruited more girls the las couple years than those other houses and did not do spring rush. Because they had too many girls. Zeta has spring rush because they did not get enough girks to bid them. Truth is they are all fine to get in if u get a bid u will be happy in any house.

By: Truth
by: Mid tier wannabe Feb 25, 2019 2:45:04 AM

It’s apparent zeta snd. Sk are both officially wannabes

By: Mid tier wannabe
#6  by: estellleee   

My best advice is to go in with an open mind, and dont get caught up in wanting only one house, or the "top" one. I thought I was the perfect girl for a top tier, well liked in HS, trendy and into fashion, and had legacy status too. But, I was called back for one day, then dropped. I was so devasted and hurt, but it just shows you never know what they are looking for, and there are always more girls that may be better fit even if you don't think so in your head. P.S ignore the girls that always get what they want back, you will always have people like that in life and I know it sucks but it just works out for some girls. MSU has 44,000 kids, which means a lot of girls rush and its not easy. However, don't get down and give up, Im in a mid tier house now and I LOVE IT!!!! Id rather be in greek-life then none at all. Just some word of advice.

By: estellleee
by: ThanksFeb 23, 2019 5:47:09 AM

That was very helpful , and gives me hope ,

By: Thanks
#7  by: anon   

I went in expecting to only get called back to “lower tier” houses, but ended up only getting called back to one “lower tier” and several other “top” and “mid-tier” houses. It is so important to go in with an open-mind, but also confidence. You may have thought you had a great conversation or connection with a sister at one house, but for whatever reason they just didn’t see you being a fit. And that’s okay!! You’ll end up where you’re supposed to, as so many people will tell you. I ended up choosing a house that was not as highly ranked, and some people thought I was crazy. But other girls in my PC did the same thing. Remember it’s a mutual process. The best advice I got from a sister during recruitment is choose the house you’d feel most confident and happy waking up in the morning with no makeup on, meaning find a place where you’d feel most comfortable being yourself and not seeing yourself needing to put up a “front.” Good luck!!

By: anon
#8  by: Sparty gal   

I would say its very competitive, especially if you don't know anyone in the houses. If you have no connections, you will be dropped from so-called upper & mid-tier houses. I would say at a school the size of MSU, the lower tier are great as well - so an open mind is crucial.

By: Sparty gal

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.