facebook

Out of state or no connection rush advice

by: .

As a rushee, I was stupid enough to come to Greek rank for rush information. A general rule of thumb is Greek rank is irrelevant and tiers don’t matter, so don’t trust 98% of the stuff on this site. That being said, here is some advice I have for incoming rushees without connections. I posted I️t as a comment on another thread as well.

it’s definitely possible to get a bid without any connections in any fraternity. You just have to get a little lucky and get your foot in the door.

To do this, go to the fraternity websites - most should have a rush phone number or email posted somewhere. Maybe it’s old, but hopefully if that’s the case then the old guy will forward you on to the new guy.

Also, keep in mind that the rush team is a bunch of college guys, so emails get forgotten about. If they don’t respond, shoot them another one or try a different route (maybe email the president).

Finally, being without connections means you’ll need to put yourself out there a little more. Just make sure to introduce yourself to actives at whatever event you go to, have a good time, don’t be creepy around girls, and be yourself. Rush is supposed to be fun. Don’t be intimidated by tiers of fraternities, they are stupid. Top tier houses have great guys and douchebags, as do middle tier and bottom tier. They’re all human, just go have fun. Also, thank your rush captain who invited you to the event after. Doesn’t need to be long winded, just say thanks and you had a great time

Posted By: .
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: thanks   

which 'tier' did you end up in?

By: thanks
#2  by: UT   

Also, don't follow rush captains around. It's just as important to make friends with the other guys who are rushing as it is to make friends with the actives.

By: UT

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.