facebook

social life after pledging

by: Senior

I’m trying to decide between two schools I like a lot. I know that the freshmen at UT have mixers in the fall, but what kind of events (besides the big parties & formals) go on for the rest of your 3 1/2 years like mixers, so you can keep easily meeting guys in the frats? I heard there r bar tabs, but I wasn’t clear if they were between 1 or 2 frats and a couple of sororities of if they were just like one frat and every sorority was invited. Seems like it would be harder to meet people if there were too many people.

Posted By: Senior
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: UT   

U aren’t 21, quit worrying about bar tabs.

By: UT
by: Big TexJan 5, 2020 10:08:59 PM

You probably aren’t either...

By: Big Tex
#2  by: Advice   

If this is your concern, go to the other school. UT isn't for you.

By: Advice
by: SeniorJan 5, 2020 3:58:54 PM

The schools are equal academically. I’ll choose my concerns — not your worry.

I’d still like to know about social life after pledge semester if someone more open minded will answer.

By: Senior
by: BumpJan 5, 2020 10:03:20 PM

I’d like to know too.

By: Bump
#3  by: Ok   

There are ski trips and spring break trips. There are fund raisers. There’s lots to do.

By: Ok
by: SeniorJan 5, 2020 10:08:07 PM

Ok. I guess what I’m wondering about is are there anymore mixer like events after pledge semester? Other schools have mixers for actives too.

#4  by: hi   

sometimes there are “mega mixers” which will be full frat and full sorority regardless of age. sometimes mega mixers have multiple frats and multiple sororitys. regardless, mixers are an opportunity to make connections w ppl in dufferent orgs, and frats have late nights, tailgates, pregames, and full blown parties that you can attend (usually one of those each week). once you meet people, then you can choose where you want to go and continue making friends. mixers are really just an introduction to the youngest pc and an opportunity to make friends and decide if you want to continue spending your time at that frats events. don’t worry about not having enough to do— there’s something going on virtually every night of the week in greek life

By: hi
#5  by: Um   

Mega Mixers, Parties, Bar Tabs, Philanthropy events, late nights, tailgates, apartment parties, date events, etc.
You’ll be fine. Mixers are for freshmen and sophomores

By: Um
by: SeniorJan 6, 2020 6:27:01 PM

Oh! My friends that are there said the mixers were just for freshmen.

Thanks! Appreciate the info

by: SeniorJan 7, 2020 12:49:32 PM

Thanks again, but SMU has a better Business School.
I will enroll there and see how it goes...

by: truthJan 7, 2020 1:41:16 PM

Based on your comments, you seem like a great fit for SMU. Best of luck.

By: truth
by: HAHAHJan 7, 2020 4:47:50 PM

sMu HaS A bEtTeR bUsInEsS sChOoL

By: HAHAH
by: FJan 7, 2020 9:50:15 PM

SMU buisness school in no way shape or form is even close to comparable to UT Austin

By: F
by: DJan 7, 2020 9:50:57 PM

Mccombs is a top 3 buisness school in America.

By: D
by: GreetingsJan 7, 2020 11:13:11 PM

Glad you are proud of UT.
However, you will not get legitimacy by diminishing SMU.
Especially in Texas.

Watch yourself.

By: Greetings
by: OffJan 8, 2020 6:52:26 AM

Yes, that’s right SMU has such an awesome b school.,, that’s why your trolling the IT Greek rank page...haha! You’re a joke! Go troll somewhere someone cares

By: Off
#6  by: Dumb   

If you THINK SMU has a better business school, then you should go there. In no way is SMU comparable to Texas. That’s just delusional.

By: Dumb
by: SeniorJan 7, 2020 6:17:41 PM

That wasn’t me (the original poster). No way would I go to SMU over UT! Haha! I’ve gotten into UVA, UT, and Michigan so far, but I’m leaning towards UT.

Social & weather sound good!

by: SeniorJan 7, 2020 8:01:43 PM

Whoa,

Accepted to Duke, SMU and UT.
SMU has one of the most beautiful campuses in the US.
It will be like attending class at Neimans.
Most of their B-School Profs taught at Ivy schools.
They appear to have the best business connections in Texas.
Sorray - all of UT Austin is so jealous.

Bye 4 now.

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.