facebook

shoes for rush

by: CuriousPNM

I was just wondering, could anyone give me some examples of what kind of shoes are acceptable for each round of rush? I understand the basics, I was looking more for specifics.

Posted By: CuriousPNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: HONEST   

open house - nike frees for comfort, or sperry's. Or just the classic tennis shoe.

Philanthropy - more casual, classic wedges or espadrilles. Try your best to find ones that are tasteful and harder to link to a brand name. Please God no animal prints or gaudy bows or studs, for your own good

Skits - polished-looking daytime heels. Not too high. Wedges are fine, but be careful. Neutral heels of medium height look great, nothing too crazy. Or you could opt for a more elegant daytime sandal. Typically there's already a sea of Tory Burch walking through, so stay away from that no matter how good it may look - if you can find something with the same subtle embellishments but no visible brand, you're alright. emphasis on SUBTLE here

Prefs - NOT the time to pull out your 6th street hooker wedges, because there's always that bunch who do. I'd find a classic black pump with a lot less detail, whether polished or suede.

last note about Jack Rogers - I love them but stay on the safe side and save these for bid day.

Your shoes should be the FIT for, and not the focus of your outfit.

By: HONEST
#2  by: hi!!   

omg it's the infamous HONEST^

By: hi!!
#3  by: hi!!   

but yes honest is right. on open house, more people generally wear tennis shoes than sperrys but it's completely up to you. don't start thinking we're gonna drop you based on your shoes.

By: hi!!
#4  by: @hi!!   

No, i'm just an anon helping a pnm out. PLEASE don't confuse me that rather notorious poster

By: @hi!!
#5  by: UT Girl   

Post 2 is pretty bang on. You will see sandals on open house round also. The key here is what is comfortable for you? After 2 days, 100+ degrees and 14 houses, not matter how cute your shoes, a blister will make you miserable and it is just not worth it! Bring a pair of flip flops during the other rounds to put in your rush bag to wear between rounds.

By: UT Girl
#6  by: CuriousPNM   

Everyone, thank you so much for all of the very helpful input! :)

By: CuriousPNM

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.