facebook

need to know!

by: Desperate Advice

I recently had to transfer back to texas and I'm an Alpha Phi from Arizona, as shallow as it sounds I want the school I transfer to to have a good chapter of my sorority. What are the TRUE facts & opinions on Alpha Phi at Texas? No hard feelings for negative answers, just need the truth!

Posted By: Desperate Advice
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: They're good   

Not top tier like Arizona, but every sorority at UT is good, and Alpha Phi is a good middle tier house.

By: They're good
#2  by: Hi   

very solid middle tier, good looking group of girls. You never really hear about a ton of drama with them.

By: Hi
#3  by: Exactly   

The above comments are absolutely correct. Pretty girls, little drama. No one will look down on you for being an APhi. Texas just has a tradition of the Big Six sororities, but the middle tier sororities are awesome as well and that includes Alpha Phi. Good luck.

By: Exactly
#4  by: Lots   

of out of state girls. Hot and fun.

By: Lots
#5  by: Truly   

I look around at other schools on here occasionally and UT differs because if most schools only had 13 or 14 sororities and one was ranked 7th or 8th or even 10th you would think, "They must be terrible!" Not so at this school. Look at the pictures of each chapter on their websites. Cute girls in all of them. APhi is solid middle which would be top at most schools. Seriously.

By: Truly
#6  by: Friends   

I have friends at Arizona and UT that are A-phi's. I would say at UT they aren't as up there as y'all are at Arizona but it is still a very good chapter. Pretty girls, not much drama, knowing girls in both chapters you would probably fit right in still.

By: Friends
#7  by: Honestly   

I think Texas APhis are classier even though they're a middle house. A top-tier chapter at Arizona is very different from a top house at UT.

By: Honestly
by: yeahJul 27, 2013 10:53:15 AM

good point ^.

By: yeah
#8  by: Class   

The admission standards at UT are so much higher than Arizona that the top houses at UT are very different than Arizona chapters

By: Class
#9  by: maybe   

she will like them. The only greek systems you have to have connections to get in the top tier are UT, SEC schools and some of the wealthy private universities. Top tier Arizona girls are just pretty and fun, not necessarily wealthy-- just like the APhi's at UT.

By: maybe
by: yesJul 27, 2013 4:47:19 PM

I agree with "IDK". Greek life at Arizona is so different than it is at UT. Sorority girls don't walk around in bikinis. Stomachs aren't really shown at football games either (except they probably will be this year with the new crop top/high waisted short trend). APhi is the party sorority at many california schools, and I feel like APhi Arizona is equivalent to UT ZTA.

By: yes
#10  by: don't   

forget--APhi isn't at many schools in Texas and mid tier is about the best you'll get. UT APhi is their best chapter in Texas. But, it's better to be greek in Texas than not be greek so I say affiliate

By: don't

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.