facebook

ut philanthropy

by: Ham Wallet

Does UT Greek Life do anything other than bad-mouth each other? Do they ever put aside their immature bickering and work together to help the community? If so, what are the biggest Greek-sponsored philanthropy events and who hosts them?

Posted By: Ham Wallet
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Unity   

The bickering here is NOT typical on UT campus. The men and women of UT Greek Life typically get along just fine and almost all have friends across the board in all houses. This is such a small bitter group of people that typically post here and IMO are just being babies.

By: Unity
#2  by: Here are a few    

Sig Ep Dodgeball
Kappa Sig Masters
Sigma Chi Derby days

Not to mention each fraternity has a allumni active golf event which benefits charity.

By: Here are a few
by: ^ THISJul 25, 2013 3:18:04 PM

Derby Days and Dodgeball are awesome charity events, and FUN! I don't know how much Sig Ep raised, but I heard Sigma Chi raised over $30000 this year at Derby Days. I think some of our fraternities do a lot for charity... Although I suppose some really don't.

By: ^ THIS
#3  by: Eyes wide open   

UT Greek organizations donated over $800,000 to charity last year and provide more than 82,000 service hours to the organizations they support. So to you greek bashing GDIs, what the hell did you give and how much did you serve?

By: Eyes wide open
#4  by: Where??   

Stop bickering and get back to the question at hand: What are the biggest philanthropy events and who hosts them?

I think machee's fight night has to be one of the biggest philanthropy events. Don't know how much they raised last year, but Macklemore was there and it was a huge event.

By: Where??
by: Here ya goJul 26, 2013 12:05:34 PM

SigEp Dodgeball
KSig Movember (many frats participated)
Delt Charity Auction $4000
EX Derby Days - raised $30,000
Phi Delt Lone Star Crawfish Festival - $90,000
LXA Watermelon Bash
ATO Gatorfest, Cornhole Tournament
I'm missing SO many.. help??

Pi Phi Burgers and Phries, Powderpuff
APhi - Heart of TX BBQ $2000, Hits for Hearts, Red Dress Gala
ADPi Kickball $30,000
Chi O Make a Wish Extravaganza - $32,000
Kappa Cookout, Powderpuff
Taco Xi (raised $4000)
Theta Pancakes
Pizza Pi with Alpha Chi & a flag football - raised $16,500
DG Dessert with DG, anchor slam, anchor splash, dodgeball
ZTA Crown Cookoff - raised $12,000
TriDelt Cookout (and a letter writing campaign raised $80,000 alone)
KD Shamrock Scramble & KD Quesadillas

(Please feel free to list any that I don't know of/forgot)

Is that a good list for ya? That's not even listing all of the fraternities. AND this is only UPC and IFC. This is not to mention the countless hours doing food drives, fire relief, actually visiting their philanthropies and helping out, volunteering at charity races, and clean ups. We do more than you think.

By: Here ya go
#5  by: Yay Greek   

Don't even argue with the ignoramuses who are jealous of greeks.

By: Yay Greek

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.