facebook

for ex, dtd, and pike

by: Advise

Raise your dues so that only wealthy people can afford them. Yes your pledge classes may get smaller, probably around 20-30 guys but at least you will filter out all of the rift raft from burban school that won't be able to afford your dues. At this point, your members from good areas will begin rushing kids from their areas and it will be a trickle down effect. Delt use to be comparable to KE just 5 years ago until they insisted on having around 50 man PC's with lower quality guys.

Posted By: Advise
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Well   

Applying conservative fiscal policy to frats I see

By: Well
#2  by: True   

KA in their prime was only a 150 man chapter with some of the highest dues.

By: True
#3  by: This is stupid   

You don't even have to be that rich to afford top tier dues.

By: This is stupid
#4  by: bub   

Counter-advice: some of these organizations’ highest-contributing have part time jobs so they can pay their own dues. The wealthy of KA fired shotguns through the walls of their house and lost their charter. For those looking to increase the quality of members, read up on the qualities of new members that your founders upheld. Hazing is easy, but it takes sacrifice to get to know the pledges and teach them about the hard work and tradition that made your chapter what it is today. 50-man pledge classes can be too large to focus on each pledge, but I would recommend instead to sift out the entitled party boy who will only detract from your fraternity.

By: bub
by: YeahJul 23, 2013 6:37:42 PM

Very good point, just because someone is wealthy doesn't make them a higher or lower quality member. I know Pike's Fall class ended up dropping to something like 27 guys though, so you can't knock them for the size of the class.

By: Yeah
#5  by: ^^^^   

dude

By: ^^^^
by: Sorry!Jul 27, 2013 10:46:36 PM

He makes a valid point.

By: Sorry!
by: YeahJul 27, 2013 10:49:20 PM

He makes a valid point if they want their chapter to go the way of Phi Delt and DKE.

By: Yeah

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.