facebook

can i rush a fraternity my junior year?

by: upperclass rush

I'm interested in knowing whether or not fraternities at UT allow rushees older than sophomores. From some, I've heard it is allowed and from others I've heard that it isn't allowed. Thanks in advance.

Posted By: upperclass rush
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Guy   

I doubt any have a strict policy per se, but your options will be limited. If you're a sophomore now I'd say you should do spring rush, most middle tier houses will probably take one or two sophomores if they're cool. If you're a junior right now there are houses that you can go for but you'll be more limited. You could probably get a bid at Sigma Pi, TKE, Chi Phi, Theta Chi, Delta Chi, Delta Sig, Zeta Psi, Acacia and maybe Lambda Chi if your a junior right now.

By: Guy
#2  by: upperclass rush   

Thanks for the info

By: upperclass rush
by: Out ofJan 16, 2013 11:02:13 PM

curiosity, are you a spring sophomore or a spring junior?

By: Out of
#3  by: You'd    

have to rush a very small fraternity desperate for members to have a serious chance of getting a bid as a junior. Fraternities like acacia are a good example.

By: You'd
by: Pretty muchJan 18, 2013 8:41:50 PM

Acacia is actually near the top of the options along with Delta Sig and then those others mentioned above will take juniors too. Lambda Chi is a small possibility but they're doubtful in my opinion.

By: Pretty much
by: WellJan 20, 2013 1:03:05 PM

Lambda Chi will bid anyone that signs up for their rush list (No seriously, they'll bid 'em after an event and email them summer bids)

By: Well
by: ^Jan 20, 2013 1:08:04 PM

That's true, I know a lot of guys who got a bid by email after going to a summer rush event.

By: ^
#4  by: In Hoc   

If you talk to the sigma chi rush captains I'm sure you'll be able to get a bid.

By: In Hoc
by: As muchJan 19, 2013 3:39:04 AM

fun as trolling Sigma Chi for being try-hards is, they're at least a 150 man chapter, honestly pretty good, recruiting extremely well, and very unlikely to take spring semester juniors.

By: As much
by: They Jan 20, 2013 1:03:44 PM

don't do Spring Rush anymore now that they've gotten two 50+ fall classes in a row.

By: They
by: You sure?Jan 20, 2013 1:09:30 PM

I was pretty sure Sigma Chi was doing Spring Rush.

By: You sure?
by: IsJan 21, 2013 3:05:31 AM

Sigma Chi's spring rush already over? Does anyone know how it turned out?

By: Is
#5  by: Sigma Chi   

is all about numbers. They don't care where you come from or how old you are as long as you can afford their dues which aren't very much since they do not have meals.

By: Sigma Chi
by: HonestlyJan 21, 2013 1:17:05 PM

Sigma Chi has been doing great lately.

By: Honestly

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.